Monday, August 8, 2011

This may take awhile

Happy Monday!!

Sorry for the lack of posts but I've been running with my head cut off it seems.  Every weekend has been booked with weddings or birthday parties and work has been crazy!!

Today I finally was able to settle down some and it was nice for a change :)  Today also was my 51st birthday so after work I came home to work on a project I've started.  Yup.....how do I love to spend birthday's???  Me time and doing what I enjoy so much.......crafting!!!

So here is what I'm working on right now.  It is going to take me a few nights to finish this puppy up let me tell you!! 

It has 50 pages to fill and I have 450 photos!!  lol  I have been looking for a photo album for Brandon and Carissa's wedding pictures and I just hadn't found any I liked.  I had been keeping my eyes posted for a leather one and when I saw this I knew it was the one!!  It is the same color as her cowboy boots she wore for her wedding and loved the country feel to it.  Take a look at some of the detail on this 12x12 hardbound book!!


The pictures are all sorted into piles starting from her getting ready, the ceremony and the breakdown of the reception.  My goal is to finish by Sunday because her and Brandon went on a road trip to Minnesota and then back down through South Dakota to see Mt. Rushmore and the Badlands, and then into Yellowstone and then back home.  I want to surprise them so wish me luck!!

I also got a few of their pictures framed and love how they turned out.  I can't believe it's almost 3 months since they got married!!


Stay tuned for the transformation.  The vinyl is cut and the pages are being worked!!  Have a wonderful evening!!

Happy Crafting!!

xo ~ Laura

2 comments:

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

Happy Birthday! :) Hey, it's your day, spend it how you like, eh?
the framed pics look fabulous. 3 months! it goes by so fast!
good luck filling up the album. I haven't put pics in an album since the 90's.
They are all on discs. Not sure that's a good thing. I always put EVERY picture in an album. Looking back on it, I should have only included a handful of jamie's first birthday, instead of 3 or 4 rolls. hahaha
have a great day!
gail

Connie said...

Happy belated birthday wishes. I agree with you, spend your birthday doing what you enjoy.