Tuesday, August 16, 2011

New Technique :)

Well hello!!!

Hope you are all having a great week so far, I know I am and enjoying myself :)  I'm trying very hard not to let all the stress at work over take my happiness and so far, knock on wood, this week has been great!  OK...so it's only been 2 days but it's a start right???  lol

When I made my chicken wire frame a few weeks ago, I loved the detail in the wood as it look worn and beat up which is perfect for our country decor so when I was out on one of my excursions on the weekend, I found just this plain old light wood frame.  Boring huh ;-)

So to give it that beat up look, what did I do???  Well brought out my trusty hammer!!!  Start banging it with the claw part to however you'd like it to look :)
Next you just take black paint and put it in the lines that you've made and don't worry about being neat because it doesn't matter.  (I forgot to take a picture of the black paint portion so here is another project I'm working on with the same technique so you'll get the idea)
 Last step is paint over it with what ever color you'd like and you can see how cool it looks!!  Isn't that fun???  And easy too :)

So what did it turn out like???  TaDa!!!  This is actually going to be a Christmas gift to my oldest daughter as she loved mine so I just put my thinking cap on to see how close I could come and I'm saying 99% perfect!!  Total cost.........$1.50  Can't beat that huh :)
When I was putting my supplies away, I came across this Mother's Day card that Carissa had gotten me last year and I took the time to open it up and read it again.  Do you do that too?  Go back and remember that warm feeling you get when your children gave you something?  I love doing that :)  Anywho......it has a Rascal Flatts song that plays when you open it and I just loved being in the moment remembering the day she stood there and gave it to me.  So I thought I'd share :)  Makes me feel like I did a great job raising my kids.



BTW, I'm sorry I haven't given an update on my friends grandson, Gavin.  I shared a few weeks ago he had open heart surgery and had actually gone into cardiac arrest.  Well here is a recent picture of Gavin.  He isn't out of the woods by any means but the Dr's are calling him the miracle baby!!  He is still in the hospital but just got released out of the ICNU and put into the regular floor and will be in there for at least another 10 days while they finish his therapy of bottle training.  Please continue to pray for him and the family as the results should be in tomorrow on whether or not he will just have to get another heart surgery to replace the stent or if he will have to have a transplant.  But wanted to let you know and the family truly appreciates all the prayers.

This is Macie (the big sister) loving on her baby brother.  She has told her parents all the way along, "Don't worry, Gavin will be fine"
 This is precious baby Gavin.  He's off all his machines except the feeding tube which you see in his nose.

Have a great evening and happy crafting!!

xo ~ Laura

1 comments:

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

That Gavin, is a fighter! I pray that he and his family can get through this easily.
Love the tips on the frame makeover! It looks great.
Hope the rest of the week breezes by for you.
gail