Monday, August 22, 2011

Amazing what a few new things brings

Happy Monday!!


I hope that you have had a wonderful day and are doing well.  Today I went back to work after being sick all weekend with this darn chest cold and am feeling better each day.  Annoying cough and a few sniffles but not bad now. 

Got home and did something a little easy tonight as I didn't want to over do it and make myself go backwards so am starting back into it easy.  I know myself oh too well, as well do a few of you, when I start going I don't want to stop lol.

My neighbor had a yard sale over the weekend and I had a few things that I contributed to it and also gave her some of my extra Mary Kay products that I had left over from selling and she was in 7th heaven.  So in return she gave me this as she knows I look for these types of things.  I told her it wasn't necessary to give me anything but she insisted so I said "thank you" with a big smile :)

I left the base coat green as shown here with a coat of brown over the top and after it was dried, distressed the edges and much better!!  So I already had something in mind for it, go figure :)  I have vaulted ceilings in my house and the space above my kitchen cabinets is quiet high so I decided to give it a little more "feel" up there.  Here it is before:

And here it is after :)  What do you think?

Next project sneak peek......

Have a great evening and happy crafting!!

xo ~ Laura

3 comments:

Connie said...

You found the perfect spot for that mirror, it add an element to draw the eyes upward.
Sorry you have not been feeling well, hopefully you'll be back to your old self soon.
Can't wait to see what you do with the bench.

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

goo job! I like that mirror. So sorry you've been sick, it hope the weeks goes by smoothly for ya!
gail

Proper Prim said...

The mirror is perfect up there... love it with the cow and rooster too.

Great job there buddy.

Hugs, Deb