Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!!

I hope that all of you are enjoying this 4th of July and having great fun with family and friends :)  It is beautiful here in the PNW today and I've enjoyed every moment so far.  Larry had to work today filling in for a company he used to work for (he's still on the payroll for when people want a day off on the weekend or holiday's) so I had the day all to myself with the boys :)  What did I do today?  LOTS of things lol!!!

I was able to do some more decorating outside, and kept with the colors for the 4th and will leave that up for the rest of the Summer because it is bright and cheery lol.  One of the things I did was this!!  (Excuse the garbage cans in the background as we don't have any covered places for them lol)

The snail is a gift from my MIL for my 50th birthday so it watches over our front porch lol

Since we're proud to be an American, think I will fly my little flag for awhile.  This year it seems even more special to me as it makes me think of my Dad even more and all he did to serve this country.

Stay tuned for some other projects I did today that I love how they turned out.  I'll give you a hint on one....I had mentioned quiet a few posts ago about an old window frame ;-)

Happy 4th of July and be safe!!!

xo ~ Laura

2 comments:

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

you've been busy! Everything looks great.
I could give you advice about making something to "hide" the garbage cans... but mine is only hidden by a tree! (something I've been meaning to do)
Can't wait to see your window! ;)
gail

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

cute decor! i love red white and blue!