Monday, June 6, 2011

Not bad for a Monday!!

Good evening!!!  Well this was quiet the eventful day for me today.  I didn't have to work as I got summoned to Jury Duty....the first time ever lol.  It was kind of nice though as it was just downtown so I didn't have to go far.  I got up early to be down there by 8:00 a.m. and not much going on so free to go.  So what did I do???  Went bargain shopping but not a good day for that as no deals today, well except I found a new saw on sale so I bought it.  Oh dear.....watch out!!!  lol

It ended up being a beautiful and sunny day today so I had the backdoor open, the breeze coming in and started to FINALLY get some cleaning done.  So much had been pushed aside from the wedding and now I am all caught up again and it feels great!!!

Carissa stopped by after she got off work this afternoon and I walked her out to her car and noticed my Clematis got it's first bloom and I was excited.  It is still a baby but it is definitely growing and grabbing on to the arbor.

Since it was so nice out I decided to make some sun tea.  I love this time of the year so here it is brewing away outside lol.

Speaking of outside, when the kids got back from their honeymoon and we were at their house watching them open their gifts, Carissa got so excited because she got something she's wanted for awhile :)  She had been eyeing mine but I told her no way.....don't even think about it lol.

I'm trying to get my brain wrapped back around crafting other than wedding stuff and I think I've got crafter's block lol.  I have a few ideas noodling around in there but I have to grab it and start working on it lol.  I'll get there and soon.  I'm itching to get back into it.

So had to get dinner finished before the hubs gets home.  So what's for dinner you ask?  Something very simple but yummy :)

Have a wonderful week and happy crafting!!

xo ~ Laura

2 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Jury duty? Did you get called to serve?
The clematis is gorgeous.
Carissa looks beautiful and well-rested.
I seem to be stuck for things to do right now, too, but I am pressing myself forward and I will find a project soon. You will, too.
★Linda★

Stef H said...

now that's my kinda day. i do that too when i get let off from jury duty. head straight to the bargain stores! are we smart or what?

everything here looks fabulous - even the food - lol.

thank you so, so much for your kind words, thoughts and prayers and thank you soooooooo much for stopping by. it's always good to see you.

hugs :)