Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Made it!!!

Well happy Wednesday evening!!  Whew.....it was a tough day today as it was my first day back at work since last week because of going to the hospital with Mom these past few days.  I ask myself regularly, why on earth do I get up at 5:00 a.m. to be on the road for an hour each way to work???  You know, I still haven't been able to answer that one honestly lol.  Maybe because I have a mortgage??  Go figure :)

So here is one of the projects I've been working on the past 2 days.  One of Carissa's best friends is getting married July 24th and Arielle had sent me a few ideas that she wanted me to do up so she could buy them for their new house they just bought.  I had her send me what she wanted and told her that I would see what I could come up with.  Well here was one of her ideas........so this is what I did up, which will be given to her as a wedding present :)

I actually was very proud of myself as I cut this board myself!!  Yes...that's right, I used my new compact saw and cut it all by my lonesome :)  Watch out now girls/guys.....I'm ready for the bigger stuff now lol.  I think I'm getting tool-idious lol.

Well think I'm going to settle down now for the night as that darn alarm clock has no mercy for me in the morning so have a wonderful evening and happy crafting!!

xo ~ Laura

3 comments:

Connie said...

Looks like word is getting out that you do cute stuff.

An hour drive each way to work? I can't believe you have any time for crafting.

Proper Prim said...

Laura, I am so proud of you. You will be a pro in no time. Hubby will be hiding the tools on you because you won't be able to keep your hands off of them.

Love the sign, I am sure the kids are going to love it too.

Hope all is well sweetie... hope you are having a great day.

Hugs, Deb

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

woohooo laura! :) you go girl!
the sign looks great! The kids will love it!
what an awful commute you have--I'm sorry. I hope something changes for you someday soon!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend,
gail