Tuesday, June 21, 2011

4th of July Decorating

Howdy!!

All the blogs seem to be in full gear for decorating for the 4th of July so figured I would join the bandwagon.  I showed you a few things I had gotten at JoAnn Fabrics.  Are you curious what I've been up too?  You might be asking.....what is she doing with pinecones????  Well just wait and see what I've come up with.  Now you may ask.......seriously Laura???  For the 4th of July????  Do I have your curiosity up yet?  lol

Well you're going to have to wait just a little longer to see what is up my sleeve :)  I know, don't you just hate that.  I promise, it will be worth it :)

So what else have I been up to decorating wise?  Well I was excited as I got to pull my Dad's Veteran Flag and display case out.  How appropriate is this for the 4th!!  Thanks Dad :)

Then of course I had to add a little to the fireplace mantel to tie it all in so thanks to a pack of 4 minature flags, done!!  :)  Simple and easy!!


One last thing, some very dear friends of mine had their baby a week ago and he was diagnosed with HLHS Hypoplastic left heart syndrome when Shannon was 20 weeks along.  He is healthy except for this issue.  He has gone into his first of 3 surgeries today and we are waiting for an update on how he is doing.  If this procedure doesn't work they will try another more evasive procedure.  If that doesn't work he will have to be put on the heart donor list.  He is so precious and is a true miracle.  Please keep Gavin in your prayers that he comes through surgery fine and starts to heal properly to be a normal functioning little one.
Well that's all I have for today.  I hope you are having a fabulous week so far and happy crafting!!

xo ~ Laura