Monday, February 7, 2011

Very special pillow

Happy Monday!!

The sewing continues lol.  I took a break to work on a project that I had started right after Dad passed away so as you can see, it has now been 2 months already.  I have had a harder time doing this part of it as it has to do with a very special shirt that he owned.  My youngest daughter always told Dad how handsome he looked in this shirt as it brought out his baby blue eyes which could just melt you.  So what did I do????  Awhile ago, I posted an upcoming project that had to do with this................

So I took a very deep breathe and said I'm sorry Dad but I have to do this as Carissa needs to have this and it will be right next to Ole Gus (the very special teddy bear she has from him).  Well I did it and now this will sit right next to Gus on her dresser.
As you can see, I left some of the buttons on it and also the pocket............are you figuring it out?????  lol

Yes, the very special message to her from Dad fits nicely in the pocket which would have been close to his heart.  I am really glad I did this one up...........2 more coming for my other children but with a different shirt so stay tuned.

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend and enjoying yourself and staying warm for some of you.  Happy crafting!!

Today's quote:  "The key is to have a dream that inspires us to go beyond our limits."

Linking to:

HOG




xo ~ Laura

2 comments:

Granny said...

Laura that is so cute. What a special thing to make for your daughter. I know she will treasure it.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I love this pillow. It is great!
★Linda★