Saturday, January 22, 2011

What can you do with recycling??

Howdy!!

I hope that you are having a wonderful weekend.  Today was a beautiful sunny day here in the PNW which definitely was a very nice change from all the rain.  I have been taking it pretty easy so far this weekend as it was a very emotional week for me.  Still having some harder days and missing Dad on those days but just taking it one day at a time.  I am keeping occupied doing a little organizing at a time and I'm making progress.  One large trash bag of GW items and one large trash bag of garbage lol.  Have to start somewhere huh :)

I had a post a few days ago about something I was going to do with some recycled items that I cleaned up.  If you remember, this was what I've collected.

So with some hot glue and twine, it now is looks like this :)  This one is the tin can in case you couldn't tell lol.

Have a wonderful day and happy crafting!!

Today's quote:  If someone listens, or stretches out a hand, or whispers a word of encouragement, or attempts to understand a lonely person, extraordinary things begin to happen.

xo ~ Laura

5 comments:

Granny said...

Good morning Laura, although you won't every stop missing your dad, it will get easier as time goes by.

The little pen holder is cute. I especially like the checkered ribbon. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the Folgers can. Have a great Sunday.

Proper Prim said...

How adorable is that... thanks for telling me what it was... I kept flipping up to see... lol.

You have me on the Folgers can too... I can't even hazard a guess on that one. I am peeled to the screen waiting... hahaha

Hugs, Deb

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

You are always doing something crafty. I can't tear myself away from the computer long enough to do anything.
I can't wait to see what you do with the Folger's can. I have a bunch of them!
★Linda★

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

sweet! What about the other 2? :)

gail

Connie said...

Very cute pen holder. Isn't it fun to make something so fun and functional for all free?

I know you miss your dad and some days are easier than others. My dad passed away almost six years ago and I still have days when I want to just sit and visit with him again. Hugs to you this day.