Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Just for my Dad :)

Happy Tuesday!!

Well it is back to work now for the week as the holiday's are overwith.  Everything is put away for the year and I'll see it in late November :)

One of my dear friends of  37 years sent me something in the mail and she had this adoreable card, written so sweet and sincere.  As I started to move the packing peanuts, what did I find???  A box of toothpicks!!!  Now you may be saying.....  What on earth!!!  Well if you remember when my Dad passed away, he loved toothpicks and I kept finding them everywhere, including in my pocket!!  lol  So I very carefully removed something very heavy from the rest of the package and what did I find??  This absolutely beautiful little holder!!

This brings such a big smile to my face as everytime I walk by this, I think of Dad and know that he is just grinning from ear to ear.  Thanks Kath!!!

Hope you are having a wonderful start to the New Year and happy crafting!!

Today's quote:  Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

- Thich Nhat Hanh



xo ~ Laura

2 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Your friend is very sweet. I'm smiling because you are so lucky to have such a great friend!
★Linda★

Proper Prim said...

Oh what a sweet thing for your friend to do... I like your friend.

You should put all the toothpicks in there that you found and keep a running tally of them... I am sure your Dad has a few more up his sleeve...lol

You have a great day sweetie and keep smiling. xo

Hugs, Deb