Monday, January 17, 2011

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!!

Happy Monday!!

I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend :)  I had a very relaxing weekend but kept very busy that's for sure. 

Friday after work, my youngest daughter and her fiance came over as Brandon needed some help with his labels for his fishing items he makes by hands.  Brandon does excellent work whether it is with his lures or his custom rods he makes and sells.  If you are ever looking for something special for that fishing person you know, give Brandon a call.  He is amazing!!!  We also had dinner and watched a movie together.  It was nice to have them over visiting for awhile :)  One of my kids favorite dishes is a casserole dish. 

My hubby has nicknamed it Trailer Trash Dish, which is OK as we actually do live in a manufactured home lol.  Here is the before but I didn't get the after shot when it came out of the oven as my daughter dug in while I was helping Brandon lol. 

Then we finished if off by this wonderful desert.  Yummy!!

Saturday I met my soon to be son-in-laws Mom to go over wedding items.  We sat for over 2 hours drinking coffee at Starbucks and got so much accomplished.  She's a sweet woman and we're excited for both of our kids.  On my way home I went to get my errands done so I didn't have to go out Sunday which was my plan :)  Guess what.......it worked!!!!  lol

Sunday we were watching playoff games and since the Seahawks were losing I decided to get up and go clean the kitchen up more.  Well specifically my stovetop.  Scrubbed the top, cleaned everything!!  Wow did that feel good. 




Organized my spice cubboard, but still have the other side to finish that has the meds in it, but hey....making progress :)

I finished the laundry and got that all folded and put away and then sat for hours putting on beading and crystals for Carissa's veil.  Whew!!!!  Not done by any means but it looks gorgeous!!!

Hoping to get more crafting done through this week so hoping I stay on track lol.  I have so much wedding stuff to finish, want to organize closets and start some Spring cleaning and get rid of things we don't use :)  Yes....my to do list is long!!!  lol

Well have a wonderful day and happy crafting!!

Today's quote:  "Forgiveness is the key to action and freedom." -Hannah Arendt

xo ~ Laura

3 comments:

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

I love days when I can stay home, and get things done.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Wow! You were busy! I kept busy but don't see a lot of difference. We went to the National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa, IA. on Sat. to see the American Pickers from the History Channel. They are awesome!
We stopped at 5 thrift shops between here and there. Not a lot to be found at any of them.
Finished cleaning out my brother's apartment on Sunday morning. I know. Our day of rest....
Roasted a turkey breast on Sunday evening. Watching it snow and freezing rain today. Brrrr......
Love that veil. What a lucky girl to have such a skillful Mom.
★Linda★

Granny said...

After reading all that work you did I now need a nap. lol The veil is going to be beautiful. I'd like to have that recipe if you could post it.

By the way, I live in a manufacured home also. Knew we were kindred spirits. lol