Saturday, January 29, 2011

Bridesmaid's Bouquet

Howdy!!!

I hope that all of you have a wonderful weekend!!  I am taking some family time and spending some of my weekend with my youngest for some pampering, which all of us should do from time to time and spending time with my son and DIL to go watch one of my grandson's and his basksetball games :)  Life is so precious and I love doing this!!

Well between all the cleaning and organizing, I had to also work on some wedding items as we are now down to just under 4 months.  Wow....where did the time go!!!  Anywho....... we had bought all the flowers for the wedding ahead of time and we are using silk as it is easier to do them up and transport and not have to worry about them dying.  With the silk ones they have today it is hard to tell the difference sometimes.  I ended up doing up the first of 5 bridesmaids bouquets and it turned out awesome!!  The picture doesn't do them justice but the girls will look beautiful with these next to their dresses. 

This is the dress that the girls are wearing:

Here is the bouquets:


The groomsmen will be wearing these for their boutineer's.  I am going to change out the leaves though as I don't like these with them but it will give you the idea lol.

Well that's it for me so have a wonderful day and happy crafting!!

Today's quote:  A gentle breeze blowing in the right direction is better than a pair of strong oars.

xo ~ Laura

5 comments:

Connie said...

So pretty! You do a wonderful job with flowers.

Granny said...

The flowers are beautiful. I think it's very wise to use the artificial flowers that are availble instead of spending hundreds of dollars on live flowers that don't last.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

they are so beautiful, Laura! If I were getting married, I'd want you to do my flowers. And they will keep indefinitely. Maybe I could catch the bouquet? Do they let married senior citizens into the bouquet catching group?
★Linda★

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Great job on the flowers!! Flowers can be difficult ... so give yourself a pat on the back!

Proper Prim said...

Laura they look gorgeous. I am loving that dress too. Smart to use the silk, I never quite figured out why someone would pay the ridiculous prices they want for real only to die a few hours later. The silks look so real now adays.

Great job, glad you are having such a wonderful weekend.

Hugs, Deb