Monday, December 13, 2010

My Sweet Angel Friend

This is a very special post for my very dear sweet angel friend here on earth.  I met Deb here through blogland and have gotten to know her so well through these past few months.  She has been my angel helping me through so much of my feelings with my Dad and she sent me this beautiful treasure that I will never ever forget.

I got home from work today and picked up the mail and there was this little package from Deb.  I opened it and the tag was so sweet and it had 2 pins that were guardian angels. 


I then opened the sweet package, so delicately wrapped and opened the box to find this.  This brought such tears to my eyes, not because of sadness but tears of such joy as I now have this beautiful ornament to add to my tree every year in rememberance of Dad.


Here he hangs between my 2 very special doves that mean so much to me. Perfect place and this is will he will hang for all the rest of my years on earth during Christmas to honor and celebrate his life.
People are put in our lives for a reason.  Some stay around for a short time and others for life.  This wonderful woman was placed in my life and she will be one that will be for life.  Love you Deb so much!!

Have a wonderful day and remember, cherish your time with your loved ones while you can because we don't know how long we'll have them with us physically.

xo ~ Laura

5 comments:

Granny said...

That was a beautiful gesture from Deb. I'm not sure I'd put that away. I'd find a place to display it where I could see it every day.

gld said...

Deb is a beautiful person!

What a sweet and loving thing she did.

I think of Mom and Dad almost daily and still miss them.

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

What a loving, sweet friend you have.

Proper Prim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Proper Prim said...

Now I am the one with tears... Laura that was so sweet... love you too my sweet friend.

I am so happy that something so small could bring such joy to you.

Thinking of you always... I can't tell you how proud of you I am at how you have handled everything through this difficult time.

Love Deb