Friday, December 3, 2010

Just touching base..........

Hello,

Oh how I have missed not being able to check everyones posts this past week and I am looking forward to being able to come back soon and start keeping up with everything.

My Dad did pass away peacefully on Tuesday morning but I had fulfilled my last promise to him and that was to get him out of the hospital and into a comfortable and peaceful resting place for his time to go.  On Monday morning, we were able to get his transferred into a beautiful log cabin with pine trees all around and got to play very soft piano music (which he always had loved as I played since I was age 3).  Some of his very special family members were able to just sit and talk with him and hold his hand and got to say everything we wanted to say to this amazing man.  He passed peacefully 7 hours later.


I will be very busy these next few days getting things ready to honor my Dad.  I will miss him terribly but am at peace and know he's in a much better place and looking down on all of us now.  A new angel in heaven.

Thank you to all of you who have checked up on me, supported me and continually do so.  That means so much to me.

See you soon.......

xo ~ Laura

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

We all must go home to our Father, and it seems like you were able to make your dad's passing the way any of us would like to go. At peace and with family and friends.
I'm sorry for your loss but I too believe heaven has one more angel.
gail

mle said...

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!
What a blessing to have honored your father's wishes and made his final day so peaceful and full of love!!

Granny said...

I'll be praying for the family during this time of sadness.

Connie said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear your dad passed. He was truly blessed to have you for a duaghter, someone who was his angel her on earth for his last few days.

Hugs and prayers are coming your way from here {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

{{{Hugs}}}
Kim

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I am so sorry, Laura. God opened His arms and called. Your Dad responded and is now in the Glory with His Heavenly Father. He waits for those he loves to join him in this perfect place but he is in no hurry to see them. He and His Heavenly Father have much to discuss. And he has a busy job ahead, watching over all his loved ones.
I will pray for your sadness to be eased by the knowledge that he is at peace and able to smile without pain.
Be with your family. Comfort them and allow them to comfort you.
We will see you back on the blog when you are able.
Big hugs!
*Linda*

home.garden.living said...

I am sorry to hear that your dad has passed away. But I believe that after all his suffering he is in a better place now.