Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas wall hangings - hanging in there.

Was able to just take a little time tonight to read some of my favorite blogs and just relax.  Larry and I have spent the past 2 days straight packing up Mom and Dad's apartment to move everything back down to the house where they lived for 56 years.  That was Dad's pride and joy and Mom is enjoying being down there although she is in denial and is not going through the grieving process.  I will be having Hospice come in 1x a week to help with that.  I know it takes time.  One step at a time.

I hope you are having a wonderful day and having lots of fun decorating and working on fun projects.  I was able to finish my wall arrangement hangings and love how they turned out.  It blends in very nicely with my mantle decor.


Although all this has happened during this holiday time, Daddy knew how much I loved the holiday's and he wouldn't want me to stop because he has passed to be with the Lord.  So this year, not only will we celebrate the birth of Jesus, we will now and each year after also celebrate my Dad's life.  Absolutely beautiful.
Have a wonderful day and happy crafting!!

Today's quote:  Into the house where joy lives, happiness will gladly come.

xo ~ Laura

2 comments:

Granny said...

I think celebrating your dad's life is a wonderful tradition to start.

Proper Prim said...

Just thinking about ya... checking in to make sure you are okay... xo