Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Checking in

Today I went back to work for the first time in a week and a half since Dad got sick and passed away.  It was a very long day and exhausting.  I think now that things are starting to settle down a little, it is starting to hit me a little more.  Saturday will be Dad's Memorial Service so I've been busy getting things ready for that.  Dad has told me for years that when he passes, he wanted his ashes in either a tool box or a fishing tackle box, two of his favorite things in life so what did I do for him? 


He's just smiling down on me that's for sure :)  I never let Dad down, even now.  I pick up his ashes tomorrow and he is going to love this.

I also made a candle for his service.  I will be keeping this after the service is done and it will sit on my organ so when I play for him, he's right there with me.



I updated my shadow box tonight also to reflect Christmas. 

I received this beautiful flower arrangement from one of my cousins sending me a "Hug".  She knows that I love Christmas and knows it is a little harder for me this year with Dad's passing but this cute vase will be a tradition with fresh flowers every Christmas from here on out and will be done up to celebrate Dad's life.


I'm just taking it a day at a time.  Things are getting a little better but still have my times but time will heal my empty spot in my heart but his memories will be with me forever.  A friend also sent me a living tree to plant in honor of Dad.  I will put every bit of love I had for him into nuriousing it also :)



Have a wonderful rest of the week.

xo ~ Laura

5 comments:

Granny said...

Laura I think the tackle box is the perfect way of honoring your dad's wishes. You are in my prayers daily.

Amy said...

I think your father is proud and smiling at you. I am sorry to be late on this,I am sorry to hear of your loss.Amy

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

Wonderful tributes to your dad. I know it's going to be a tough time for you this Christmas season, but just remember the wonderful times you had with your dad, and that he is no longer pain. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
gail

Proper Prim said...

Laura, I had to chuckle when I saw the first pic... I love that you are honouring your Dad's wishes.

Love the tool box and candle. He will be smiling down on you for sure sweetie.

Thinking about you always... hang in there, it will get easier with time. xo

Big hugs to you and family...

Love Deb

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

What an absolutely delightful way to pay tribute to your Dad! I know he smiles down on you.
*Linda*