Friday, November 26, 2010

Fireplace decorations

I hope that all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoyed special time with your friends and family.  I had a wonderful time and was able to have 2 out of my 3 children show up with 4 out of my 6 grandchildren.  We had a great time and had some good laughs and fun.  It was a very nice time, especially since we are in the mist of a difficult time with my Dad.

My youngest daughter, me and her Dad
Carissa with my youngest granddaughter, Sydney

Nana with my 2 oldest granddaughters, Donyell and Bailey
Me and my hubs :)
My one and only son Josh
Me and my baby girl, Carissa

 Carissa and my grandson Braeden.  He doesn't like his picture taken so we had to bribe him with a piece of candy lol
I was finally able to get out and about and get my Mom to take her to the hospital to see my Dad for the first time since he was transported on Monday night to the ER.  It has been a very rough week and he is not doing very well but he is hanging in there.  Today my heart was so happy as when I told Dad I brought him a visitor and he saw Mom, he instantly perked up some (more than he has been awake in 5 days) and he instantly gave her 2 kisses.  It was so precious and in January, they will have been married for 60 years and their love is as strong as ever.



I have been able to do a little decorating in between making trips to check on Mom and also going to the hospital.  I have my fireplace decorated now with a few of my projects and love it :)


Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend and happy crafting!!

Todays quote:  "It is possible at any age to discover a lifelong desire you never knew you had."

xo ~ Laura

1 comments:

Granny said...

Laura I'm so sorry to hear that your dad is in the hospital again. He's in my prayers.

Your fireplace looks beautiful the way you have it decorated.