Sunday, October 17, 2010

Surprise!!

Happy Monday!!

Yesterday I went to go see my Dad again as my Mom has now gotten sick also with the chest crud going around so she hasn't been able to see him in a few days as I have her at home getting better on her breathing machine.  She has asthma also so the machine really helps her.  I told her she needed to take the next few days to really rest up as my Dad is scheduled to be discharged from rehab on Wednesday morning to go back to the Assisted Living apartment.

It has been a very long week and today my niece and I were able to surprise both of them with her visit.  She hasn't been able to see them in over 2 years so they really weren't expecting it at all.  First up, my Dad.  He had finished his lunch and he lays down afterwards for a nap.  He was sleeping when she arrived so I was able to wake him up and his reaction was just priceless!!  His words were "Well Hi!!  I am so happy to see you" :)  Brought a smile to all of our faces.

After visitng Dad I took her over to their apartment and Mom was laying down and I heard her ask if it was me and I said yes.  I told her she had a visitor and when my niece came around the corner my Mom was so excited and happy and said come here and let me give you a hug.  We were able to visit for quiet a while and it was definitely very good medicine for both of them.

I haven't been able to do much crafting over the weekend as I've been gone so much.  Well it will be waiting for me I know.  Family comes first and that is what my life is consisting of daily.  I will not be going into work (yet again) to get the Caregiver training done tomorrow so that Dad is able to be discharged.  The one thing I have been able to work on is my little holiday/season tree.  It started out like this....


The little flowers are off and the base has the first coat on it.  Another one still to come then comes the decorating so stay tuned for that. 

Have a wonderful day and happy crafting!!

xo ~ Laura

5 comments:

Granny said...

I'm glad your dad was able to visit both your mom and dad. Good news that your dad is being released. Hope he continues to do well.

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Glad to hear everyone is doing better! And I am so intrigued to see what you make out of your little tree! :)

Proper Prim said...

Oh that is great news about your Dad. He must be thrilled and I am sure he will do fine. Hope your Mom feels better too soon. How sweet of your niece to spend some time with them. It sure brightens their day.

Can't wait to see the end result with that tree... hmmm you have my attention.

Have a great week Laura...

Hugs, Deb

Gail said...

Wonderful family news! Thanks for sharing with all of us.

Enjoy your day.
Gail

genie said...

I am so happy to hear the GOOD news. Thanks for sharing the dear photos. Keep us posted about what you are doing with the little tree.