Sunday, October 24, 2010

My tree :)

Happy Monday!!

So I was able to work on a few project this weekend which felt wonderful :)  I am amazed on how theraputic it is.  I had posted a little while ago about a tree that I found at GW.  Here it was in progress.

I have now finished it and just love it.  This will come in so handy through all the different seasons and holiday's!!  I'm excited for all of them :)

I had come across these yummy looking pancakes over on Amy's blog at The Idea Room and showed my hubby them on Saturday and he said those look good so Sunday morning I decided to give them a try :)

Now I used wheat pancakes and didn't have anything to put the cinnamon mixture in so mine doesn't look at nice as Amy's but they tasted delicious!!  Hop on over and check it out and give it a try!!

Well I'm hoping that this week goes a little smoother than last week.  Dad is settling in some and has put on 3 lbs since he got home on Thursday which is a good thing.  I gave him a treat on Saturday as the other day he wanted Mom to go get him Kentucky Fried Chicken but she didn't feel well so I surprised him and brought them over a dinner (which is really about 3 lol) and he ate every bit of it and he was very happy he got what he wanted lol.  Anything to put some weight back on him and get him stronger :)

Have a wonderful day and happy crafting!!

xo ~ Laura

3 comments:

Granny said...

Glad your dad is settling in now that he's back with your mom. Your tree is adorable.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

It had to be a great day when your Dad ate so well. I'm really happy for him. And for you and your Mom. She must be as relieved as you are.
We just had buckwheat pancakes the other day. A swirl of any kind of jam would be good. Mmmmmm.....
Your little tree looks just like my Sara's Easter tree. ;) Love it!
★Linda★

Gail said...

Oh how I agree with you about crafting being therapeutic! I'm happy for you and your family that your Dad is home and is doing well.

Enjoy your day.
Gail