Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fall Baking

Happy Monday!!

Sorry I missed posting this weekend but I've had some personal issues that I've been having to deal with the past few days with my Dad's health so I haven't gotten much done crafting wise this weekend.  Life can get so crazy at times I just have to step back and prioritize what needs to be done.  I even took a little "me" time and went and got my hair done.  It was a nice treat and the scalp massage was heavenly.  Sure did help my achey brain lol.  I'm hoping to get a little time throughout the week to work on a few projects.

I decided to make up a new recipe of cookies and give some to my Dad as he needs to put on weight.  Unfortunately he is losing way to much and not eating as much as he should be so wanted to entice him lol.  The picture doesn't do them justice but let me tell you, they are so yummy and moist and taste wonderful with a fresh cup of coffee :)



Pumpkin Butterscotch Cookies


1 sm can pumpkin
2 C sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
2 sticks butter (melted)
1 tsp salt
2 C walnuts (optional)
4 C flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 pkgs butterscotch chips

 Mix in order

Drop by tsp on greased cookie sheet

Bake @ 375 degrees for 12-14 minutes


This is a few items of a project I'll be working on.  You'll have to come back and see what it is ;)

Have a wonderful day and happy crafting!!

xo ~ Laura

4 comments:

Granny said...

Hi Laura, Sorry to hear that your dad is having health problems. Those cookies should be just the thing he needs to perk him up. Have a great week.

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Oh those cookies look yummy! I love some pumpkin. Okay, I see evergreen in that stack. You can't be starting on Christmas already!! LOL

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

ohhh, sorry to hear your dad's not eating, I hope your his health improves quickly.
what a tease with that pic of items! :)
gail

Proper Prim said...

Sorry to hear about your Dad Laura, it is so difficult when your parent is ill. I am sure the cookies will entice him to chow down. It wouldn't take me a minute to clear that plate, they look so yummy.

Have a great week...

Hugs, Deb