Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Ribbon Pumpkin

Happy Tuesday!!

So this is going to be a very rough week for me so you'll have to excuse me being offline for a few days.  I received a call yesterday morning that my Dad was not doing well and was being rushed to the hospital so only after 2 hours at work, off I went for an hours drive to get to there.  They admitted him to the hospital as he has pnemonia and they found something on his lung they didn't like the looks of.  Needless to say, I'm also getting pressure from the Assisted Living facility to move them out (they've only been there going on 7 months) and get him more extensive care so on top of trying to keep up with work, hospital, keeping Mom stable AND finding a new place for them to live I'm exhausted :(  Please keep me in your prayers as I'm definitely going to need it.

So here is one thing I did get done over the weekend though :)

So I saw the cutest pumpkins decorated with ribbon over at The Autocrat Haley and Haley did the cutest idea and so simple so I wanted to try it with my other smaller pumpkin that I had bought.

I used the ribbon, the black hair type yarn and added some feathers and it is as cute as can be :)

Laura over at  Following the Paper Trail has a new site now where you can register your projects if you've been motivated by one of her projects.  She lives here in the PNW not to far where I do and she is one talented lady let me tell you.  I have gotten some great ideas from her, in fact the wedding album I put together for Carissa was from watching one of her video's.  Check her new site out if you're interested in seeing so many talented women and their creations over at her new Ning site.  It's free and you'll be amazed!!

Have a wonderful day and happy crafting!!

xo ~ Laura

6 comments:

Stef H said...

oh my! you will definitely be in my prayers! off to check the link.

hugs :)

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Oh that is upsetting news. So sorry, hope your dad is doing better soon. Both my parents had to make very tough decisions regarding my grandparents senior care.

I'm going to go check out the links.. thanks.

Connie said...

Prayers headed your way. What a tought spot you are in, it is never fun to have to make hard decisions for others. I hope your dad is going to be ok.

Granny said...

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. You and your parents are in my prayers.

Gail said...

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I know how stressful all of this can be. I've been through it.

May God bless you.
Gail

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

You have my sympathy, Laura. My parents are elderly as well. My sister lives closer than I do but I do as much as I can. We all have our hands full these days. My brother was crossing the street yesterday and a car ran the light and struck him so hard, he rolled up over the hood and broke out the windshield. He has a broken back and many cuts and bruises. He just went through chemotherapy for throat cancer. In fact, he doesn't even have his voice back yet! I really feel bad for him. If it weren't for bad luck...........
★Linda★