Saturday, September 25, 2010

What a week!!

Happy Saturday!!

What a busy week this has been.  I am feeling much better and took it pretty easy to get over this bad cold/flu that I had gotten.  I still have the cough but from what I hear, that hangs around for awhile so I have to deal with it I guess.

I'm glad the work week is overwith and between catching up on the day and a half I missed due to being sick, dealing with wedding appointments, I'm REALLY ready to just sit back and relax this weekend let me tell you.  We got the food all handled for the menu for the wedding and Carissa is SO happy as she gets to have her chocolate fountain and will get her dipped strawberries :)  Yes I'm still waiting on that winning Lotto ticket so I don't have to worry about anything anymore LOL!!

I had some paper laying around and decided to start making up some various tags as I can use them in the albums, on gifts and many many other purposes lol.  They are so quick to make it's unreal.  Why buy a card when you can make these ya know :)

The other day I was playing around with some of the dyed coffee filters and had extras so I decided to use a paper punch on one and make some cute tiny flowers.

Using the water spritzing I very carefully started to scrunch them up to look like this after I put them together with the brads.


Very carefully I started to unfold them and they turned out just petite.  I then sprayed them with Glimmer Mist to give them a little shine.  So much cheaper doing these yourself.  Even though they do take a little more time, it's worth it :)

I'm hoping to get a few projects done this weekend and if everything cooperates, I'll be a happy girl :)

Have a wonderful day and happy crafting!!

xo ~ Laura

5 comments:

genie said...

I can’t believe you have taken the coffee filter creations another step. Your “brad” flowers are so delicate and cute. Know you will find a good use for them with all you have coming up in your life. I really like the pink color of them. Glad you are are on the mend a feeling a bit better. Those nagging coughs are a real pain in the throat! That reminds me...I need to go and get my flu shot...YUCK!

Hugs,
Genie

Stef H said...

omgoodness! is this crafty or what? just thought i'd pop in to say hi and thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog. i look forward to seeing more of you and getting to know you.

hugs :)

Brenda said...

Hope you get feeling well soon! Thanks for visiting! You are so creative! It's fun to see your creations! Wishing you a relaxing weekend!

Brenda
Deck The Halls of HOME with JOY!

Granny said...

Glad you're feeling better. The little flowers are cute. Can't wait to see what you come up with next. Have a great, relaxing weekend.

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Adorable flowers...and made from coffee filters??? too cute!