Sunday, September 5, 2010

Refurbished Barn

Happy Sunday!!

Remember a few days ago I posted that I had received this trellis from a girl at Carissa's work and that I was going to do something with it?

Well as many of you  have read in my earlier posts, the theme for the wedding is country and they are getting married in a refurbished 125 yr old barn SO, I decided to modify this trellis and make it into a card holder for those who do not bring gifts, just the cards so that they can be separate from the gift table so everything is accountable for.


Yes the barn doors actually open lol




This is the actual barn that they are getting married in.  I think this will fit right in with the scheme of things :)

What do you think???  I'm LOVIN it!!

Also, don't forget to enter for my 100+ follower GIVEAWAY.  I will be announcing the lucky winner Sept 10th :)

Also, such sweet candy over at Jacque's page. This woman is such an inspiration. If you haven't checked out her page, hop on over and take a look Jacques Magnolias.

Have a fantastic day and I hope that you all are enjoying the holiday weekend.  Be safe and happy crafting.

xo ~ Laura

8 comments:

Granny said...

The little barn is adoreable. A nice memento from the wedding that she will be able to use with her country decor.

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

Laura, that's so cute. You did a fabulous job on it. Time flies, May will be here before you know it. Something tells me you'll be ready.
gail

Proper Prim said...

That is just the cutest thing I have seen in so long... you did an amazing job on that... it is so fitting for the barn style. Great eye.

I just love your whole theme for this wedding. As Gail said it won't be long and it will be right around the corner.

Have a great weekend hope you are getting the cooler weather.

Hugs, Deb

Connie said...

Great makeover, you would never know it was white and now looks like a barn. Love the use of popcicle sticks.

Jessica said...

Thats looks great!! You did an awesome job and I bet your daughter will love it!

Paula said...

Laura, you are so creative!! They are just going to love this memento celebrating their special day! :) :)

Megan Gunyan said...

So cute! Love it!

Anonymous said...

I've been rambling all over your blog and LOVIN' IT! You are sooooo creative! I love this barn! WOW! Very cool!

Hugs, Patti