Friday, August 27, 2010

Take me out to the ballgame....

Happy Saturday!!

It is going to be a very busy weekend for me that's for sure.  Today we are going to head to Seattle to the Mariner's baseball game :)  My brother-in-law has season tickets and gave us 4 so we are taking Carissa and her fiance to the game as they have been wanting to go for quiet some time.  It should be fun!!  Great seats too but I won't be able to enjoy a hotdog as I'm on a diet...darn it anyway :(  Oh well, I'll come out ahead right?  lol  Down 20 lbs so far and a few more to go... yay!!

So here are just a few random shots that I took of a few of my zoo, I mean animals lol  These are my 2 sables, Bandit and Taz.  My oldest who is 9 and my youngest who is 5.  They are quiet the characters that's for sure.

Then this is our little Bristol.  She is almost 11 and is really starting to look like a balding kitty in her old age.  You can't really tell it in this picture but her tail and back side are going bald.  She's just a sweetpea.


A few new items around the house I did to spruce it up.  Quick and easy stuff but I like it!!

This little can needed a little something on the bathroom counter so I just tied some fabric on it.  Now when Carissa comes over and spends the night occasionally, she has her toothbrush and paste waiting :)

I love my star and hook in the main bathroom.  Fits right in with the country rustic theme in there :)

A little reminder to relax and enjoy yourself.  See I even have my twigs and flowers on the shelf.  Enjoy the simple things around you at all times :)

I also decided to try a new recipe last night and it was fabulous!!  It is turkey chili.   It is really good. My hubby came home from work and let me say it was a good thing I put a small bowl aside for me for lunch today as he ate all of it. Here is the recipe if anyone wants to try it out. Quick and easy :)



2 T. Olive Oil
1 lb. Ground Turkey
1/2 t. Salt
3 large Garlic Cloves, chopped
1 large Onion, chopped
1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled Tomatoes
1/2 c. Tomatoe Paste
2 Medium Green Bell Peppers, cut into 1" pieces
2 Medium Red Bell Peppers, cut into 1" pieces
1 T. Sugar
2 1/2 t. Ground Chili Powder
1 1/2 t. Dried Oregano
1 1/4 Ground Cumin
1 (15 ounce) can each Pinto, Kidney, and Black Beans, drained and rinsed

In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat 1 T. olive oil.  Brown turkey, breaking up with a wooden spoon as meat cooks.  Season with salt.  Using a slotted spoon, remove turkey and reserve; discard any liquid.

Add remaining tablespoon oil to pot over medium heat.  Add garlic and onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.  Add tomatoes, tomatoe paste, peppers, sugar and spices, using wooden spoon to break up tomatoes.  Add reserved turkey and bring mixture to a boil.

Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.  Add beans, stirring gently and simmer 15 more minutes.

Enjoy!!


Oh wow!!  I just noticed I'm almost to 100 followers and you know what that means don't you???  Yup it will be time for another giveaway!!  Guess I better get crackin and get something ready huh :)  Well that's it for me.  I'm taking the day off of crafting today as we'll be out and about enjoying family time.  I hope that you have a wonderful day and happy crafting!

xo ~ Laura

2 comments:

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Hey Lady! Come over to my blog to see what you won! :)

http://theautocrathaley.blogspot.com/2010/08/necklace-winner.html

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Have a great day at the game, Friend!
★Linda★