Monday, August 2, 2010

Memory Album

Happy Tuesday!!

We had the strangest but very pretty sunset last night and we aren't quiet sure why it was a little hazey but here is a picture of it.  Of course it doesn't show the true beauty of it but still :)



I am working on some "secret" projects for my youngest daughter for her wedding day.  Thank goodness she doesn't read blogs lol!!!

We were in the scrapbook store the other day and she saw this album that was on a brides wedding day and said "Mom I want one of these"!  Well of course having the time off work right now and she works Monday - Friday, I can go over and get what I need so I did :)

This is the base of the book and I will put other flaps with cubbies in between these main pages for keepsakes, more pictures and special memory items for her.






So far it has turned out very pretty and I am estatic about it!  The next part will be a little harder and more tetious but I want it to be perfect as I'm sure she will be putting this one in her hope chest and treasure it.  She's a very sentimental person.

I am also letting all my blog friends know of a friend of mine who is new to blogland.  Her name is Melanie and she is at Country Chicks Design.  Her and her daughter work together and have some wonderful country items and do a few shows a year.  Hop on over and check them out.  You'll love what you see!!

Also I'm linking to Linda at Costal Charm for today.  Hope on over and see all the fun participants on her Nifty Thrifty Tuesday's!

I'm trying to also get some major organization done right now that I'm off work so that I have things organized and places to start storing the wedding items so my major crafting projects are on hold and just doing smaller ones right now but it's relaxing and that's what it's all about.

Hope you have a fantastic day!

xo ~ Laura

7 comments:

imperfectly natural mama said...

You are so sweet, she will love it!

Granny said...

That album is going to be so nice. I'm sure she will treasure it forever.

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Your a sweet mama!

EYE can make that! said...

Hello, stopping by to say hi :D
I'm following you too.
I had a look back at some of your old post....You're very crafty.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Isn't it funny how most of our readers/commenters are never our family? Most of my family don't read blogs either.

thanks for your kind words, I always enjoy your comments...Newport is a blast if you've never been...worth a cross-country trip!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a beautiful album, Laura! Thanks so much for visiting me and your sweet comments on grandmotherhood! : )

Proper Prim said...

Gorgeous album... I am sure she is going to adore it. What a sweet treasure for her to store her memories in.

Hugs, Deb