Sunday, August 1, 2010

Exploding Box :)

Happy Monday!!

I came across a blog that totally caught my eye for a few reasons.  First off Laura over at The Paper Trail lives here in the PNW very close to me.  She has an awesome blog and teaches some classes at one of the local scrapbook store.  She is fabulous!!  I decided to try the exploding box to see how it would come out.  I can warn you that it is time consuming but it is SO worth it in the end!!  I am very pleased on how it turned out.  I'm going to try a few of her other techniques and we may be making some as gifts for the girls for the wedding :)

I will warn you this has a lot of pictures so grab some coffee and enjoy!

This is a picture of how it looks all put together.

Next these are the different pages that I put together.  There are so many little cubbies in these where you can put notes, add pictures or whatever is special to you.  I am pretty proud of myself as I even did the lid and on the first try!!

This is one of the side outside pockets.

This is the backside of the outside pocket.

This is a shot of the side outside.  I didn't put a pocket on either of these but made them the same.

Now get ready.... when you take off the lid this happens~~ getting the name "Exploding Box"

These are just the shots of the different pages.









And there you have it!  It isn't perfect but it looks great.  It takes a little while to figure things out but I'm sure now the next one will go a little smoother :)

Then remember I gave you a tease of a flower and that I was in the process of doing a prototype up? 


Well here it is!!


I have a little more work to do on it as the chalkboard decided to crack on me in a few places.  I've never had it do that before but I will fix it!  The picture doesn't even show how country and worn it is.  I painted it, distressed it and then put a copper finish over it.

Giveaways that I'm linking too this week are:
Kimberly at Briar Ridge Farmhouse
Frenchy over at Le Chateau des fleurs
Mrs Sassy Crafter
I hope that you have a fabulous day!!

xo ~ Laura

14 comments:

Granny said...

That is really nice. You have a real talent for crafting. I love seeing everything you make.

WhisperWood Cottage said...

I have never heard of such a thing. It is absolutely clever and beautiful! Well done!!

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Wow your box turned out great! That is way beyond my level of scrapbook capability.. lol. Such a unique idea.

Unknown said...

So fun to peek at your blog~ and thanks a million for checking out mine! We grammie's must stick together! Enjoy your family! Lynda

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

That box is just so cute!

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Thanks ladies :) I had fun with it and can't wait to get other projects done using some of the same techniques. Stay tuned! lol

Michelle said...

I LOVE this! What a fun thing to do. Who wouldn't love to get one of these???!!! Linking up to Bird Craft today too!

Michelle said...

Oh, I fogot to sign my last comment:-)
Michelle@A-Tisket A-Tasket

Carolina said...

That "exploding box" is amazing! I've never seen anything like that before!

I love all the pockets! I hope you'll stop by Expect Moore and link this project to the Pocket Week Linky Party! I know others will be as amazed with it as I am!

http://expectmoore.blogspot.com/2010/08/pocket-week-racecar-pockets.html

Carolina

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Thanks for the nice comment on my scrap pages!! Oh that fold out box is super snazzy!! Never done one of those before. Oh you are going to have so much fun with the wedding!! Looks like you already have! LOL

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Carolina ~ thanks for stopping by :) I'm hopping on over to the linky party shortly :)

Haley ~ you would love doing one. Check out "the other" Laura's page I have linked too. You'd have a blast! And yes I'm having fun with the wedding stuff ;) lol

Mad in Crafts said...

Thanks for linking up to the Mad Skills party!

Rose :: FineCraftGuild.com said...

10 out of 10. simply put.

You inspire me. Hence, I'm inviting you, so our readers can love you too: http://www.finecraftguild.com/diy-tutorial-linky-party-8/
Every Wednesday there will be a new party, so bookmark our home page and you can come back over and over again with great ideas and tutorials, alright!?


Smiles,
Have a happy day!

Crafty Mommy Diva said...

Love your exploding box especially the dimensions of it.