Sunday, August 29, 2010

Journey Book

Happy Monday!!

I've been working on a "Journey" book for Carissa and documenting all of her special days for her preparation of her wedding.  I'm starting out with when they met, started dating, throughout their years of being together and into the engagement and wedding.  It will be a continuation for a few months but here is the box that it will go in.

I ended up incorporating their colors, found a free digi download that I thought was adoreable and colored it with water colors.  Now this is a new venture for me but it is turning out so cute and I love it.  You have to excuse the picture as it doesn't do it justice at all as the glimmer mist is still a little wet so it showed up in the picture.  Yup, Ms. Impatient again lol.

I will continue on with this as there is a lot of work to do so stay tuned for updates on it in the months to come.  I want to add a few more more embelishments on the box itself but don't know exactly what yet.  My creative juices are still flowing lol.


I also made one of my new cards from a stamp that I received as a gift and I had never made an easle card.  They are very easy and I think this turned out so cute :)  I love it.... now I have to figure out what I want to put inside it.  lol


Didn't get much crafting in this weekend as we were very busy with going to the Mariner's game and also wedding dress shopping.  Making good progress, she's got it narrowed down to 3 and we go back on Thursday to retry them on again.  It has to be perfect :)

Sites I'm following today:




Have a great day and happy crafting!!  Enjoy :)

xo ~ Laura

5 comments:

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Hi, I love your little books you made. That is a great idea. I am an avid scrapbooker and I LOVE doing it, I do one of family things we do(vacations etc,) and both of our sons have a scrapbooks since birth and the ultra sound pictures too, thanks for the great idea. I hope she picks a wedding dress that she will love at least she has only 3 to choose from now!!

Prim Blessings,
Tricia

Traci66 said...

You are so creative. What a wonderful gift. Thank you for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. I am now following you too.

memakingdo said...

Your book is so darling I can't wait to see it finished. I love the card you are so creative! Thanks for linking up!

Adventures said...

following you back! Thanks so much for the follow!

Anonymous said...

This is a great lil idea, you could even do it for a pregnant mother or for a new baby. You could start with the beginning to end of pregnancy or from parents meeting up until a child's birth! So many options with this idea!