Tuesday, August 31, 2010

An anniversary frame redo

Happy Rednesday!!!!

I found this frame at Goodwill a few months ago and just loved the design and look down to the littlest detail.  I didn't want to paint it or anything but wasn't sure what I was going to do with it until now that is.

Our 11 year wedding anniversary is coming up on September 9th and I wanted to have something else to display the love I have for this wonderful man.  He is my prince that every girl waits for and I was lucky to have him come into my life after a not so good first marriage.

These were our colors so wanted to do something along those lines.


I also did up a matching card and changed our invitation wording just a tad to reflect now :)  I'm one lucky woman and he is definitely a keeper.  He even does laundry and dishes and vacuums!!  How's that for lucky!!  :)



I'm hoping for a better day today.  So far this week has been nuts with things happening.  Last night at my granddaughters birthday party, a freak accident happened and I had to take my oldest daughter, her Mother to Urgent Care and she had to have 15 stitches put in her arm.  Even when our kids are grown, they still call for Mommy's don't they.  Thank goodness she is going to be OK.  Just will have a large scar.
Have a great day and happy crafting!!

xo ~ Laura

6 comments:

Granny said...

The frame and card are lovely. That is so scary about your daughter's accident.

Proper Prim said...

How sweet that you are still in love after all those years. I love all that you did... you just have such a way of putting it altogether to look so beautiful and have such meaning behind it.

I hope your daughter is feeling better, you are never too old to want your Mommy.

Hugs, Deb

Truthful Mommy said...

Great ideas. I am not so crafty. Congratulations on the 11 years of marriage. My husband and I just celebrated our 11th this past May.I can't believe how fast 11 years has flown by. Glad to hear your daughters is ok. I cant imagine how scary that must have been. My girls are only 3 & 5, but I can imagine no matter how old they get, they will always be my babies.Happy Wednesday!
Also. Just wanted to stop by and let you know that I posted my first of a month long of Be a Better me challenges today, hope you can stop by and link up!
http://motherhoodthetruth.blogspot.com/2010/09/be-better-me-you-challenge-day-1out.html

the thrifty ba said...

that is sweet.
and it reminded me that our anniversary is coming up! oooppss!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I love to revamp frames! Thanks for stopping by pAIN'T it SEW thrifty. Count me as your newest follower. :)

Amanda @paintitsewthrifty.blogspot.com
@cullencrafts.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

That frame is beautiful and you did a great job with the inside of it! What a sweet gift and congrats on 11 years!

My button is fixed now! I have so much trouble with those darn things...

Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/