Sunday, July 11, 2010

Wooden Joys

Happy Sunday!  Well on Friday I got the itch to go find some new treasures and I have been working on them this weekend.  Here is the picture of my treasure hunt.  Remember these?


Well this is what I've gotten done so far!!

The little white picket fence turned from this! 

To this!!!  Yes, I kept with the red and the white polka dots. I just couldn't resist. lol Hmmmm now what to put in it??  It is now sitting on my newly refinished shelf in the family room.  Have to do more with it the shelf still.  Well I guess that can be a mini project :)



The cute wooden box with a rope handle.  Opps... just noticed the hand painted "Welcome" is really off center.  lol  Oh well!!

The cute trinket box that my daughter and I found.  Love how it turned out!!



This was just a finished piece that I made for my daughter.  I had made her one earlier saying This is how our story began.  Now this is the finished one as this happens to be their song that they've dedicated to each other.  It's rather cute :)

I'm continuing working on things so stay tuned!!  Have a fantastic day!!

xo ~ Laura

8 comments:

Granny said...

Everything looks great. Don't worry about the welcome being offcentered. I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out. I need you to pack up your paints and come to my house for a while. :)

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Thanks Granny! I guess that is what gives things character huh :) I do have quiet a bit of paint and if I ever get to your neck of the woods I'll do that :) Have a great Sunday and tell Grampy hi!

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Great finds :)

Thank you for telling me about how much you love your Cricut! I can't even begin to explain how excited I am about it. I'm going to look up the videos on Youtube...thanks for the hint :)

Connie said...

You've been busy,busy,busy. Fun stuff to work with, you have a good eye for fixer-uppers.

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Kim, yes it has really helped me as their is so much to do with it. I still haven't even began to do everything yet. Have fun!

Connie, yes I have been busy busy busy and loving it. Thanks for the compliment about having the eye for fixing things up. I'm still learning but am having fun experimenting. lol

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Cute makeovers. :) I love the red picket fence piece. Thanks for the visit! :)

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Thanks Amanda :) Thank you for stopping by also. Come again and hope you enjoyed yourself. Yes the picket fence items are always my favs :)

DogsMom said...

Great finds. Love how you are personalizing and making them your own. You are very inspiring.