Sunday, July 11, 2010

True Friends

Happy Monday!!  I am going to meet one of my best friends in the entire world today for some girl time.  It has been months since we've connected and we're very excited.  Kathie has been my best friend since we were in 6th grade.  We've been through so much together and no matter what, everytime we get together we just pick up where we left off.

Sometimes we lose touch with the ones that mean so much to us, especially when they are so darn close but busy lives get in the way.  We are getting together today and are heading down to the Seattle Waterfront to have just "us" time and I can't wait!

I wanted to do a little something for her that I knew would touch her heart because she means so much to me so I started thinking and going through my inventory and decided to make this special plaque for her.

I know that she will cherish this for the rest of her days and this doesn't even begin to touch how I feel about this dear friend.

Also, stop on by Kim's page for the July give-a-way.  Her blog is just adoreable! 

Hope you have a wonderful day!!

xo ~ Laura

9 comments:

mle said...

Oh! your friend is going to absolutely treasure this gift as much as she treasures your friendship!!

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Aw thank you Emily. That is so sweet :) Thanks for visiting my page.

Granny said...

That is a keepsake for sure. I'm sure your friend will always remember where you were the day you gave it to her.

The Homespun Cottage said...

Hi Laura, thank you for entering and my candle giveaway and posting it here. We all need some girl time now and then...Enjoy~
Kim

Melissa Miller said...

Oh how fun and exciting! Good friends are the best.

Have a blessed day sweet friend.
~Melissa :)

aseknc said...

I love it! No doubt she will too.
Lasting friendships are so rare these days, it is so nice that you have one! Enjoy your friend day sweetpea!

Hugs & Blessings
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
http://aseknc.blogspot.com/
http://asesgwamh.blogspot.com/
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

A very sweet gesture! I also have a best friend from high school that I don't get together with often enough. You have inspired me to give her a call!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering the giveaway! Good Luck!
★Linda★

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Thanks girls :) Yes true friendship is far and few between and we have always stayed in touch. We are heading down to the Seattle waterfront to hang out. Who knows, maybe I'll find some treasure when I'm out today! :) Have a great day!

Kaysi @ Keeping it Simple said...

That is so sweet!!