Saturday, July 3, 2010

Window Redo - Part I

Happy Saturday!!  Remember on Thursday I scored on 9 free windows and was in 7th heaven??  Take a look at the smaller square one in front :)

Well my youngest daughter always has a saying with her boyfriend of over 3 years and wanted me to do something in vinyl. So I took one of the windows, cleaned it up and gave it a few brushes of paint, still leaving the "old" look to it and cut the saying "Always Say I Love You & Kiss Me Goodnight" and put it onto the clean glass and added 2 hearts and am giving this to them.  I know this will be very special to them, one because that is their motto no matter what, and the other is that I made it with love for them.

I absolutely love doing up special crafts for people who I know will treasure it for many many more years!!

Have a wonderful weekend and be safe!

xo ~ Laura

10 comments:

Granny said...

That is so sweet. It will mean so much to them. Love the way the window looks with the paint you added.

Jessica said...

I love it! And I'm sure your daughter will love it too!

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Thanks Granny J and Jessica. They are gone for the holiday weekend so I plan on surprising them and going over to put it up :) I am very happy how it turned out :) Have a great holiday weekend ladies!! Hugs ~ Laura

Elizabeth said...

Awww, so sweet. They WILL love it - such a great motto to live life by.

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

I agree Elizabeth. It is a very good motto and they do faithfully :)

Kenzie said...

I am still so jealous of your windows! Love the saying!

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Craigslist Kenzie ;) You'll find some too, just keep looking lol. Yes the saying has a powerful punch huh :) Have a great day!!

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

I love your new windows! What a great way to use them!

Thanks so much for your sweet comments -- I love reading them :)

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Thanks Amanda :) I love visiting your posts to see what you've been up too. Have a great day!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

YOu totally scored! Free windows! That saying looks great in the window (and I bet it looks amazing on the wall.)