Friday, July 9, 2010

Whew it's hot outside!!!

Happy Friday!  Well I must say that we've had 2 consecutive days in a row where we've broken the heat record here in the PNW.  So what am I doing to help my family stay cooler?  Well yes, it helps me too.

First off, on Wednesday, I had my oldest dog Bandit shaved down for the Summer.  He's an 8 year old Pom and is the furriest of them all.  So I called and now he looks like this and feels so much better.  We have 2 A/C units in the house, one in the livingroom and one in the bedroom and now his favorite place is on our bed in front of the A/C.  lol  Can't blame him though.  98 degrees is hot for my babies!!  He just loves having his "spa" day.  lol

Then of course I didn't want to turn on the oven so I decided to make up a pasta salad and just started throwing things in.  Eggs, pasta, frozen veggies, onions, pickles, garlic pepper, mayo and my all time favorite mustard, Stone Ground.  I get it over in Leavenworth at A matter of taste.  The best ever and if I can't get there, I can order it online!  Yay!!

So now onto the crafting part.  I am getting an itching to go to the thrift store to see what else I can find, even though I have some things to finish also.  We'll see.  I think this will be one of my little projects for today.  We'll see.  My youngest daughter found this when we were checking out the new craft store.  I need to fix the hinge but easy to do.  It was originally $12 and we got if for $3.  I think I can put a few small nails in them and it won't cost me $9.00  lol.

You'll have to stay tuned as today is set aside for just crafting today!!  Got all my errands ran yesterday, lawn mowed and dinners made so I'm good.

And last but not least, I was featured in Gail's "Featured Followers Friday Week 11" post today at My (re) Purposed Life.  What a special treat and thank you Gail!!  You're a sweetie!!  Check out her blog, it's wonderful!

Have a great day!!

xo ~ Laura

2 comments:

Granny said...

Look at that sweet little face. What a cutie. I love little dogs. Their personalities make up for their size. :)

That pasta salad looks so good. We haven't been using the oven either. Tonight we're having honey ham sandwiches, sliced tomatoes and potato salad.

I'm anxious to see what you do with your thrift shop find.

I saw Gail's post showcasing your blog. It was well deserved. You are so creative, both inside and outside the home.

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Granny, yes that is very true. They play with my daughter's Red Healer and they think they are bigger than him. lol The pasta salad was really good and we've got leftovers for a few days which is great considering it's hot again today :) Oh the ham sandwiches sound yummy too!

Stay tuned for the thrift shop find. I've got it painted, now have to do my magic. lol

And thank you for your comment on Gail's showcasing. That is so sweet! Hugs!!! ~ Laura