Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Washer Jewelry

Happy Tuesday!! I am playing with something new with the washers that I bought at the hardware store.  My youngest daughter and I were out late afternoon yesterday and decided to go check out a relatively new craft store about half an hour from where I live and boy am I glad we did!  I have a brand new place to go now when I need to stock up on things and we spent 2 hours there!!  Can you say yes definitely had the creative juices going.  lol  I was able to find some glaze to see how it worked and love the results of it.

All you need is metal washers, friendly plastics which you can get at your craft stores, ribbon and you've got it!  Here is the tutorial on how to do it on  DIY Dish.  You can find all kinds of ideas at Amaco.  It is a inexpensive way to design things.



The smaller one on the right has the glaze over it and the larger one doesn't.  I wanted to see how it worked over the friendly plastic.  I think they turned out pretty cute and now when my granddaughters come over I have it down to teach them :)

Also, my youngest one spent the night as her boyfriend is out of town for the week and she doesn't like staying by herself so we had lots of bonding time yesterday which is always a joy for me.  Since she is the baby, her leaving the nest was a little harder on me than the when the two older ones moved out.  I decided to make a special treat for her and my hubby for this morning.  Sticky Buns!!  The most simple receipe ever!


Make sure you put a pan under it while baking as it will bubble over and make a mess :)  Once they are done, flip out on a larger pan so you can scoop up the carmel and place it back over the top.  These are messy believe me but so worth it!!  Sorry that I didn't put it on a fancy plate but I was in a hurry to get them ready for her before she left for work lol



18 frozen rolls
1 pkg of Butterscotch Pudding (cook and serve ~ NOT instant)
1 cube butter
Brown sugar
Cinnamon

Spray bundt pan.  Sprinkle brown sugar in the bottom (no I don't measure so just use according to what you think you'd like).  Arrange 18 frozen rolls around the bottom.  Sprinkle a little more brown sugar over the rolls.

Melt butter and stir in dry pudding mix.  I also add some cinnamon.  Pour over rolls, cover over night and let rise.

Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes.  Enjoy hot gooey morning rolls :)

So I have a busy day ahead of me so stay tuned for a few more projects that I will be working on this week.  Have a great day and happy crafting!!

xo ~ Laura

8 comments:

Granny said...

The washer jewelry is so cute. I'll definitely check out the links.

Those sticky buns look scrumptious.

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

YUM! THose sticky buns look delicious!! Thanks for sharing! And thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! :) You just make my day!!

~Alison

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Thanks Granny :) Hey you can't go wrong with washers ;) As for the sticky buns, oh they were so yummy with my morning coffee :)

Alison, oh try them!! You won't be disappointed :) Aw, I'm glad I made your day :)

Connie said...

Great job on the necklaces. Thanks for the link to the DIY Dish, it's great. I can't believe I have never come across them before.

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Connie ~ you gave me the inspriation from the paper ones and I just happened to stumble on the DIY ones and thought why not :) Enjoy!! :)

Jackie the Junk Junkie said...

OooOOoooo. Those looks wonderful!! I am sooo trying this recipe!! Thanks!!

Mandi@MandiBeingCrafty said...

Oh my goodness!!! My lmother in law makes the same sticky buns every year for Christmas! They are soooooooooooo good!!! It is something we look forward to every year!

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Jacki and Mandi ~ they are a quick and easy thing. I make them for special occasions too. Love them!! Have a great day girls!