Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Necklace Holder

Happy Tuesday again!!  Well I had some time this morning and so I thought I'd do this.  On my many hours of searching the wonderful talents out here, I came across the idea of making a necklace holder.  I thought it was about time to do something as I just had mine hanging from a few push pins.  I know, very sad.  But, all better now :)

I came across this item at Goodwill for $1.99 and loved the detail and knew instantly that this is what I wanted to use it for as I have quiet a few blank walls in our master bathroom.  So, here is the before picture.  Notice the detail.... now mind you, this feels like a plastic so didn't know how this technique would work but you never know until you try right?


So I then added some antiquing paint, rubbed it off and this is the effect I received.  I kinda like it :)  Then I cut a piece of burlap that I already had and mod podged away and tucked it underneath the frame.  Added a few small hooks and Ta Da!!

I definitely have some more detail work to perfect but that's what it's all about!!  So total cost of this cute project???  $2.00!!!

Have a wonderful day and enjoy!!

xo ~ Laura

7 comments:

Granny said...

That looks great. Love the color.

Connie said...

What a great GW find and I love that you found such a great use for it.

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Thanks girls :) Love to try new things and it's getting easier for me to picture things in my head now on what I want to do with most of my little treasures :)

Mandi@MandiBeingCrafty said...

I love this! I love finding things at goodwill/D.I.! I love making things that to me are one of a kind so way to go! Thanks for following me you made my day!

Kenzie said...

I love your necklace holder! It's gorgeous! And we are finally feeling better, thanks for your sweet comment!

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Mandi ~ oh yes I love finding things and you're right. One of a kind :) I'm so glad that I made your day just for following. I love all you girls out there. So creative and fun stuff! Gives me so much inspiration. Hugs and stop by again soon :)

Kenzie ~ thanks Sweetie! Not bad for my first attempt at that kind of finish :) I'm so glad that you're feeling better today. Hugs!!

Home-Mom said...

I know I already commented but who doesn't love comments. Stopping by bc its such a small world with SITs. Followed someone who had a linky that you were on, 2x in one day ;)
Have a great rest of your week.