Monday, July 12, 2010

Got Mail???

Happy Tuesday!  So my husband is always saying that I leave the mail in strange places so he doesn't see it.  Well I don't know how much easier I could make it as it is on the counter lol!!  But anyway, I decided to make this cute mail holder so there is no way he can miss it now!!!


So quick and simple, but yet so cute!!!  His comment was "I like it!!"  lol

I also had a wonderful day with my best friend down in Seattle at Pike's Market and took these fun pictures.  She absolutely loved her plaque I made her that I posted about yesterday. 

I hope you enjoy this tour of some of Seattle.  Although it was a cloudy and overcast day, we still had so much fun.  Catching up on fun stuff, enjoying walking and playing tourist.  I think that all of us should play tourist in our home towns as sometimes we forget all the fun places that we have right in our own backyards.  So here is just some of the pictures I took when going down.  It did eventually turn out with sunshine towards the end of the day :)

First stop was the Public/Farmer's Market.



Some of the beautiful flowers inside the market.  Gorgeous flowers for dirt cheap.  I just loved the colors of this first one.  I've never seen this color of Lily's.  The picture doesn't even capture the beautiful coloring.




Some of the gorgeous fresh fruits.  We got to have a lot of samples they had.  One of the best melons I've ever had.  A mixture of cantelope and honeydew.  Yum!!


I just love these hot pepper hangings.  So colorful.  I just may have to try this!!


Have a wonderful day and I hope that you enjoyed our special girls day out!!

xo ~ Laura

12 comments:

Granny said...

The mail holder is really cute. The farmers market tour was great. We have a very small one here and I love buying fresh fruit and veggies there.

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Thanks Granny! I was a hit with Larry :) The market is great! They have so many vendors there and the fish market is always a big tourist attraction too. It was packed so didn't get a picture of that but it's always fun to go visit and the waterfront is gorgeous. Living in the NW has so many things to do, it's always fun to explore.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I miss Seattle! Someone was asking me just yesterday where I would move to if I could move anywhere in the US and I said "back to Seattle"!

The mail holder is so cute and no way can he miss the mail now LOL!

Manuela

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Manuela,
Yes Seattle is beautiful and I enjoy the Evergreen State very much :) Thank you about the holder, yes I think it did turn out cute :)

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Cute cute cute!! Love that pretty yellow. :) Thanks for the visit today!

Unknown said...

I love the mail holder! I need one. My hubby leaves mail all over the place. Drives me nuts! :)

The pictures from Seattle were great. I want to go now!

Thanks for dropping by today. My flooring guys are STILL here at 9:35 pm. *sigh*

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Amanda ~ Thanks! You definitely can't miss it. lol

Shel ~ super easy. I just picked that pin up at Ben Franklins craft. Don't know what's around you but I'm sure you can find them. lol If you're ever in Seattle, let me know I'd love to meet up with you in person and I could give you a tour of the city. Oh man, I hope the floor guys finish up soon for you :)

Kenzie said...

I am so jealous of your farmer's market! It looks amazing!

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Hi Kenzie :) It is a great market. If you ever get to Seattle, it is a "must" see that's for sure. You won't be disappointed.

Rose @ Confessions of a Curbshopaholic said...

Hi Laura,
Thanks for stopping by my blog and drooling over the tool box! I do love that thing, Will have to think of something special to do with it.
I tried to reply back but you're set up as "no reply" when you leave a comment.
Looks like you had a fun day with a friend too. Isn't it the best?
Take care,
Rose

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Rose, thanks for letting me know that about the comments. I'll have to change that :) Friends like Kath are very far and few between and I just am so thankful for her :)

Room to Inspire said...

The mail holder and the plaque are very cute! And the market looks great - I have been meaning to go there with the kiddos this Summer...maybe this weekend! Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired this month.

Chelsea