Friday, July 16, 2010

Tray Redo

Happy Saturday!

Well I was able to finish my tray from yesterday and it was a bit more of a challenge than I had originally thought due to the finish that was already on it.  So what I did was sand it down some, put some paint and then took a dry brush to pull some of the darker color back out and distressed the edges.  Then my trusty and wonderful vinyl machine went to work :)  I finished it off by putting on these adoreable flowers that have the cutest gingham circles on it, added a few cute bumble bees and now it is a finished product on the family room wall :)  I can't wait to continue to brainstorm for more ideas in that room.  It isn't looking as bare now.

So that's it for now.  Busy weekend ahead so hopefully I'll have more soon.  Make it a great day!

xo ~ Laura

6 comments:

Granny said...

Oh Laura, that is beautiful. I need to know more about that machine you cut vinyl with. You create some really nice things using the letters. Have a great weekend.

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Very nice ;) I just ordered several Cricut cartridges from www.cricutmachine.com They are having $5.00 shipping which I think is great :) Most cartridges are $29.95. I can't wait to get them so I can start creating.

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Granny ~ I thought you'd like it :) The vinyl machine I have is the Cricut Expression. They have a smaller one of it also. It is fabulous. You can do vinyl, material cutouts, cardstock and many different things with it. Love it!

Kim ~ Oh how exciting! You are going to love it! Great deal on the shipping girl!! Can't wait to see what all you do with yours :)

Holly Lefevre said...

What a sweet tray...love the color, love the qoute. FAB job!

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Thanks Holly for stopping by and the compliment on the tray :) I never know exactly how things are going to turn out but love it :)

Jen said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You've won my frame giveaway! :0) Please email me your info to redeem your prize!