Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Towel Purse

Happy Wednesday!!  I'm joining Kara today for "Look what I made".  Check out her page to see all the creative ideas that all of you have come up with over at Creations by Kara.

Here is just one of the things that I have made, yes this was my first attempt at this one.  Upon reading all of the wonderful posts out there, I found this cute idea out on Sweet Charli's and thought I would try it.  My daughter loves bright colors and polka dots so I found this towel at the Dollar Store and the handles were on sale at JoAnn Fabrics for $2.00 and so I figured if I messed up, oh well right!!  I made the flowers out of ribbon I already had so total cost = $3.00!!  Not bad!

So here is the cute little purse I came up with. I did wash it but didn't iron it yet so excuse the wrinkles.  lol

Next time, I would recommend a little heavier towel but wanted to see what happened.  Pretty cute!!

Have a great day!!

xo ~ Laura

6 comments:

Jackie the Junk Junkie said...

That is super cute!! My girls would love one :) Thanks for sharing.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

That is really cute. And clever!You could make a great beach bag from a big towel. The grands would love it.
Thanks for coming by my blog. Glad you could visit and glad you liked my attempts.

Granny said...

That is adorable.

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Thanks girls! My daughter loved it too. Not bad for a first attempt. Thought of another idea yesterday when out at the store. How about a quilted placemat into a purse?? :) Great idea Linda on the beach bag. Will have to try that one!!

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

Oh, seriously! This is SO adorable -- what a fantastic idea -- and so easy!! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by! LOVE it!!

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Thanks Amanda :) Very summery huh!! Can't wait to try some of the other ideas for it also.

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you again soon :) ~ Laura