Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Backyard mini patio

Hi and happy Rednesday!  So I am linking into the CSI Project on the outdoor decor.  As many of you have seen, I have had a good week with great finds and decided I needed to utilize some of it in the backyard.  We have a very very small backyard with neighbors on top of you so I have little to work with but here is one piece I have come up with.  Please excuse the lawn as I haven't mowed or edged it yet as it has been too hot but that's on the list :)

I leveled out the dirt area as my daughter's dog pretty much tore it up.  I laid down some cement pavers, put my old crate on it, added one of the old windows, spray painted my planter red and planted my cute flowers.  Also I spray painted my plastic watering can (oh I know, I had gotten it before finding my treasures and will be looking for a metal one soon ) and painted "Water Me" on it.  I think it turned out very cute!!    I'm on the lookout for an old picket fence portion to help cover the ugly fencing wire but it holds the dogs in our yard.  lol

Decorating outside is so much fun also and want to do more so stay tuned for those projects :)

Have a great day!!

xo ~ Laura

7 comments:

Home-Mom said...

found you blog hopping and so glad because this is my kind of stuff. I love the outdoor set up and the window necklace holder. Can't wait to read more of your posts ;)
Happy WW!

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Thanks Christy and welcome :) You just do what you can with what you have and my backyard isn't much but it's home :) Thanks on the necklace holder. It was my first attempt at it :) Looking forward to seeing you more. Have a great day!

Granny said...

Girl, you're gonna have the prettiest yard on the block. I wouldn't worry about getting a metal watering can. That one is as cute as a button.

I once had a fence like that and couldn't afford to fix it up. I found someone getting rid of some metal mini blinds and I wove the pieces through the fence. It didn't look too bad and hid what I wanted it to hide.

I know you're on freecycle so you can also ask for anyone giving away vertical blinds. Those slats can be cut at the top to look like pickets.

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Aw thanks Granny :) You're so sweet!! Good idea about the blinds. May have to check into that on my freecycle checks :)

Connie said...

Now I see what you did with one of the windows, very cute setting.

Angela said...

I was here the other day and looked at quite a few of your posts but never commented. Wanted to come back to let you know that I love everything your write and share about here.

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Connie, yes wanted to use some outside too. Weather can't hurt them. lol

Angela, thanks!! Stop by anytime :)