Monday, July 26, 2010

Rustic wall art

Happy Tuesday!

The weekend went so fast I didn't get as much done as I had hoped but oh well.  It will be there tomorrow also right?  :)  I never get too upset as my family and their needs are first and foremost and then my "ME" time so here is what I was able to get done.

I had this frame and it was actually gorgeous but I wanted more of a rustic look so out came the paint.

I watered the paint down, went back over with regular paint and then took the sanding block too it. I put some scrap paper behind the glass to give it some character and  I like how it turned out.  I had found this rustic star over at Ben Franklin for $2 awhile ago and wondered what to do with it.  Well when surfing the different blogs, I saw a few that hung things from an empty frame.  Although this is a different frame, it's solid wood behind it so you can't have it empty so here is what I did with it :)



Have a fantastic day and enjoy each and every moment!

xo ~ Laura

13 comments:

Christy said...

Oh my gosh! I love this put together!! The ribbon is perfect for that rusty star!

Granny said...

That is really cute. I love the rusty star.

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

I love it!

Unknown said...

You are so clever! I love this.

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Thanks Ladies :) It does look very cute! Total project cost, $1.99 and that was for the star. Everything else I had :D

Elizabeth said...

It looks awesome!! I've been looking for a star like that...but maybe they don't sell them here in Canada?!?? lol

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Elizabeth, I don't know if they have them up there or not but I got mine at Ben Franklin's Craft Store. They may have them online though :)

http://www.benfranklin.com/default.aspx

aseknc said...

I. love. it. OMGoodness! I totally have to do this!!

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Hugs,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
http://aseknc.blogspot.com/
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Anita ~ thanks :) It's so quick and easy.... enjoy!!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

cute--I like that frame a lot. I have so many that I have collected and pictures get so boring. Good idea! ★ Linda ★

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Linda ~ I agree with you. I have been thinking of all different things to do with the frames so this will be fun :)

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Wow! I never would have thought to put those things together and you did a fantastic job. So much better than what you started with! You go girl!

Amy Meyer said...

I love it! I love how you showcased the star! Beautiful!