Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Redo of picture frames

Happy Rednesday!!

I sat down and decided to re-do these two frames that I had purchased at GW last week.  I loved the detail on both of them and wanted to start doing a "frame" wall as I've seen so many cute ones out there.  Here is what I started with.  Notice the detail on both of them.


I decided to paint them white and then was hoping it was keep the detail which it did so I was please. The bottom one doesn't show it very well in this picture but it was dirty and dungy and I wanted to make sure it was cleaned up and looked fresh as a daisy :) The paper I picked for behind doesn't show up in the picture but it has a bit of shimmer to it which is a little added detail to enjoy.  So after painting, paper and vinyl and a few embelishments, this is the start of my frame wall in our familyroom :)  I'm very happy with them and think they turned out very cute :)


I have also started working on this piece.  Stay tuned for that one :)  It's my first try but we'll see if I succeed or not.  lol


Linking to It's a very cherry world today.  Lots of cute red items for Rednesday!!  Enjoy!
Have a great day!

xo ~ Laura

17 comments:

mle said...

The frames turned out great!
I really love the detail on the 2nd frame!!

Elder Esplin said...

I LOVE paint! These look so great painted up. Thanks for coming to my blog and leaving me such a nice comment on my hinges project. You made my day.

Jennie @ Cinnaberry Suite

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Cute! Looking forward to seeing what you're going to do next!

Granny said...

I love seeing all the craft projects you do. The frames are really cute. You'll have that wall filled in no time.

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Those look fantastic! Really love the one with the beaded edge detail! Very cute!

Nikki said...

Cute! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE frame walls! I had a plan in the works for one at my house too! :)
Thanks for linking up to gettin' crafty on hump day! :)

Ann said...

Wonderful looking frames! Paint makes just about anything look fantastic!
Have a great day.
Fondly,
Ann
@
The Tattered Tassel

LV said...

You did a remarkable job on those frames. They look very nice the way you have them displayed.

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Cute frames. I've been seeing a lot of frames as wall art lately. Nice job!

craftyles said...

Your frames turned out really cute! Paint is a wonderful thing.

Cherry Chick said...

Very clever..sometimes we forget to see beyond what is in front of our eyes to what it "could" be. Thanks for sharing with us on Rednesday.

Unknown said...

Isn't paint just so much fun?????? Biggest bang for your buck...over and over! :):)

Marigene said...

Great details on the frames!

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Thanks ladies for all your comments :) I have many more projects to work on so stay tuned!

Lyndsey said...

So cute!!!!

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

LOOOVE those picture frames -- they look great now! :)

Laura @ House of Thrifty Decor said...

These are super cute! The curvy frame is my favorite.