Thursday, July 29, 2010

Busy around the house

Happy Thursday!!

I've been able to get quiet a bit done this week and have been able to enjoy the beautiful scenery here in the PNW and the nice warm weather.  When I am out and about on a beautiful day, I get to enjoy Mt. Rainier.  It looks like it's right in my backyard and I just love it on a clear day. 


So what have I been working on besides finding a new fulltime job to help pay for the wedding?  Well I've had quiet a few treasures that I have found over the past 2 months so decided it was time to work on a few. 

I had found this cup holder and it was missing a peg but I fixed that.  I painted it black and distressed it and then took some of my mugs that had red in it and of course my cow mug that my future son-in-law got me for Christmas and tada!!  Turned out cute!!

Then I have been talking with Carissa and the planner that I had made her was more like a date book organizer and knew that she needed something with much more detail for her wedding so I went out on a mission and found this cute planner.  This will cover all the basis and it will let her be in control which is what I want.  I don't want her to get stressed out and will jump in when she asks but it is her dream wedding and I want her to be able to totally enjoy planning it.    Then of course, what new bride doesn't need a tote to carry things around in when going to bridal expo's???  So I did this :)

I'm working on more projects but will post them a little later.  Had to get some major cleaning down around the house yesterday.  Shampooing carpets, laundry, etc.  It never ends does it.  lol

Have a great day!!
xo ~ Laura

5 comments:

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

That tote is super cute! I love it!

Granny said...

That little tote bag is adorable.

Ashley said...

Just found your blog and wanted to say hi! I had that same wedding planner for my wedding..I still have it :) I'm your newest follower!!
-Ashley-

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Jess and Granny ~ thanks :) She loves it!

Ashley ~ too cute! Yes that's why I got it for her so she has a memory of her planning. Welcome to the family and my blog. Looking forward to getting to know you more :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for your kind words, and I love your blog, so fun!