Friday, July 30, 2010

Lots and lots of favor ideas

Happy  Saturday!!!

I am having fun putting together different wedding favors for Carissa and Brandon to look at so they have a wide variety of choices.  Since we will be making them for the wedding, I thought it was time to figure that out now so I can buy the supplies that we need.  This one was just done with a jar but wanted to see how it looked.  It's an idea.  It says "Happily Ever After" with their name and wedding date on it.  I thought maybe table vases or smaller jars for votives... we'll see what the "bride" thinks :)  I like the white but not the green.  Will have to play with the vinyl coloring.

They have decided on their colors so I incorporated all of them, except the champagne color as I haven't been able to find just the right one yet so that is a mission that we're on.  Good things these are mockups as they have changed the date up a week due to Memorial Day so it's now 5/21/2011 lol.

They are having a country theme wedding so the colors will be beautiful.  All earthtones with pops of color throughout.

I went to the Dollar Store as they have so many little cute wedding things and I figured since  we are in the planning stages, get a little of everything right???  lol





So this was just a fun hour project and we'll see what they like.  Wow... I'm feeling like a wedding coordinator again.  I did ours and my son's back in 1999 and 2000 so I'm a little rusty.  lol

So what do you think??? Stick with one???  Or mix and match???  hmmmmm let me know :)

I was also able to find these cute little treasures at GW the other day and since the frames are part of playing with wedding items I figured I'd put them on here also.  Carissa came up with this cute idea of taking their engagement pictures (when they get them done) and print them on vellum paper and then put a votive in back of them and placing them on the tables at the reception along with flower arrangements around them.  They will be put up on a stand so I found these 2 different frames to start playing with that.  I also found these two bright signs that will be spray painted and have some vinyl letter on it, or maybe chalk, not sure which.  lol  I also found the magazine organizer that I will be redoing and am going to give it to my Mom as she has papers everywhere on her table.  lol
Here is kind of the idea of the picture frames with the vellum.  It's pretty cool actually :)


Have a great day!!

xo ~ Laura

8 comments:

Granny said...

They're all cute but for a country theme I like the little white bucket the best. The votive behind the picutre looks really nice.

Proper Prim said...

Wow awesome job on all of them... I love that idea for a country wedding.

Love the pic with the candle behind... great job.

Hugs, Deb

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

I think they ALL look just about perfect. If I had to choose only one, I would go with the white (votive?) not sure what you wold call it with the silver champagne glasses and ribbon tied around it. I just love that one.

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

You have one less thing to buy, but another great project to work on.... YOU WON the set of 12 tote bags from my giveaway!
you lucky girl!
contact me with your mailing info.
congrats!
gail

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Thanks Girls :) It is keeping me busy and my eyes are always on the lookout for cute and cheaper ideas that looks like a million bucks. lol

Gail ~ I'M SO EXCITED that I won!! I will definitely be able to put those to good use :) I emailed you the info to your gmail account :) Thank you soooo much!

Unknown said...

I love them all!
Love the picture! Great ideas!
Hugs
Frenchy

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Aw thanks Frenchy :) This is a lot of fun and extra special since it is my babies wedding :D

Coleen's Corner said...

Oh I'm lovin' the vellum! Great idea, really brings the photo to life. Awesome!