Thursday, July 29, 2010

Crafts and Redo's

Happy Thursday!!!!

Have you ever had one of those days where some things just don't go the way you want them too?  Well today I had decided to FINALLY clean my carpets as they were definitely in need of a good scrubbing.  It has been too warm to do it but today it was pretty mild out, in the mid 70's so this morning I figured this would be the day!  So out came my trusty carpet cleaner and supplies and off I went.  Things were going great UNTIL the very last room.  The 2nd to the largest room to boot.  I filled it up as usual and noticed it wasn't working as good as it should have been so I turned it off, cleaned it out and went back to it again.  It started working fine and then with just a quarter of it left to do..... it died :(  I guess it's time to say goodbye to my old friend and when I get another job, I'll have to replace it.  In the meantime I guess I won't finish ALL the carpet.  lol  Oh well things happen :)

So in one of my previous post, I had posted something that I was going to try.  Do you remember this little thing???  The far left with the white plate on it???

Well I spray painted it, started my polka dots (as you know I love them) and then for some odd reason my creative mind decided all by itself to put yellow and black on it too.  I don't know what came over me but it actually turned out kinda cute :)  The gingham heart looks like it's off center but it's not.  It was my angle.  Not the best photographer.  lol  I will be able to use it for many different occasions.


What do you think???  :)  Be honest.....

I also have been playing with making flowers.  I have conquered doing the ribbon and fabric ones so I thought I'd try out some with paper.  I ended up getting crepe paper and was able to make these.

Then I thought well what about tissue paper?  So I picked out some that I already had around the house and started cutting different size circles out with decorative scissors and started folding and using double sided tape and came up with this!

I also had a few of the pre-cut ones that I had picked up on clearance so thought I'd put some of them together and here they are too, along with the others that I made.  I am thinking I will be doing up a few frames and using this little cute embelishments OR maybe putting them on some twigs and put them in a vase!!  Hmmmm let's see what I can come up with.  lol

Hope you all have a great day!

xo ~ Laura

6 comments:

Granny said...

I love the different colors. As you said, you can use it for many different things.

The flowers are so cute! I like the idea of attaching them to little twigs for a bouquet.

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Those flowers are adorable! I love them! They would look great around a frame or a mirror!

Hillcresthome Prims said...

I just found your blog an dI love it, I am joining it.
I love the flowers and I see how much you LOVE your family. Bless your heart!I hope you stop by my blog and check it out and join!
Have a great day,
Blessings,
Tricia

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Thanks Granny :) I figure I can always change out the embelishments too on the holder. I was playing with the flowers on twigs last night and I think that would be adoreable so stay tuned on what I come up with.

Jess ~ makes your mind go a mile a minute huh. lol You just never know where I'll put them. You'll have to keep an eye out on what all I do with them. I'm thinking of making more so I have them in stock :)

Tricia ~ thanks for stopping by and welcome to my online family :) Looking forward to getting to know you more :)

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Your cake stand turned out so cute, and I love your very creative flowers. Great post. laurie

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Thanks Laurie :) I'm having fun with the flowers :)