Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Loom Flowers

Happy Rednesday!!

Well I have been playing with fabric flowers and am having a lot of fun with different techniques.  I've seen so many on the different blogs and I end up for some reason putting my own twist on them and coming up with something totally different and unique.  I guess that is what it is all about huh :)

I had boughten a smaller loom, about 3" in diameter and haven't tried it out yet but got an idea so thought I'd try it.  I had bought a role of sparkly embrodiary thread and thought I'd play with it first.  I want to try yarn also but thought I'd try to master this first.  Like I said I have never made any of these yet.  I read the directions in the kit (it's from Provo Craft) and started circling around until I felt I had enough strands on it.  I sewed it so they'd all stay together and took it off the loom.  It looks like this.

Then I had some left over circles from a fabric flower I was making from yesterday and instead of folding it in half, then half again, I pinched it and then put a stitch in it and just started going around the circle.  Then I added this cute gingham heart to the middle.  Hot glue it to the loom flower and Tada!!

I think I'm going to have to make more of these.  Think of the possibilities!!  Sorry for the blurry pic on this one. 

I also have finished a my first custom sign for a dear friend of mine!  She saw the picture of what I did on one of my thrift finds and loved the saying she emailed me immediately and said she wanted one but wanted something else on it besides the rooster and a little smaller so off I went to accomodate.  Here is her final product and she loves it!!  Finished off her kitchen perfectly :)

I hope that you have a great day!!  Back to getting busy :)

xo ~ Laura

6 comments:

Mandi@MandiBeingCrafty said...

So cute! You always come up with the cutest ideas!

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Thanks Mandi :) I try to come up with something that is a little different than anything I've seen. Sometimes its just by accident :)

Granny said...

Love the little flower. That sign is really nice. You could have a little business going there selling the cutouts for people to apply themselves.

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Thanks Granny. That is what everyone is telling me. lol

Unknown said...

Aww! The sign is darling. I love the watermelons you put on the bottom left side. Too cute, Laura!

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Thanks Laura :) She wanted something to do with fruits and I saw them and thought they were just cute. She loves it!! Yay!!