Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Loom Flowers

Happy Rednesday!!

Well I have been playing with fabric flowers and am having a lot of fun with different techniques.  I've seen so many on the different blogs and I end up for some reason putting my own twist on them and coming up with something totally different and unique.  I guess that is what it is all about huh :)

I had boughten a smaller loom, about 3" in diameter and haven't tried it out yet but got an idea so thought I'd try it.  I had bought a role of sparkly embrodiary thread and thought I'd play with it first.  I want to try yarn also but thought I'd try to master this first.  Like I said I have never made any of these yet.  I read the directions in the kit (it's from Provo Craft) and started circling around until I felt I had enough strands on it.  I sewed it so they'd all stay together and took it off the loom.  It looks like this.

Then I had some left over circles from a fabric flower I was making from yesterday and instead of folding it in half, then half again, I pinched it and then put a stitch in it and just started going around the circle.  Then I added this cute gingham heart to the middle.  Hot glue it to the loom flower and Tada!!

I think I'm going to have to make more of these.  Think of the possibilities!!  Sorry for the blurry pic on this one. 

I also have finished a my first custom sign for a dear friend of mine!  She saw the picture of what I did on one of my thrift finds and loved the saying she emailed me immediately and said she wanted one but wanted something else on it besides the rooster and a little smaller so off I went to accomodate.  Here is her final product and she loves it!!  Finished off her kitchen perfectly :)

I hope that you have a great day!!  Back to getting busy :)

xo ~ Laura

6 comments:

Mandi said...

So cute! You always come up with the cutest ideas!

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Thanks Mandi :) I try to come up with something that is a little different than anything I've seen. Sometimes its just by accident :)

Granny J said...

Love the little flower. That sign is really nice. You could have a little business going there selling the cutouts for people to apply themselves.

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Thanks Granny. That is what everyone is telling me. lol

Laura @ Just For Love said...

Aww! The sign is darling. I love the watermelons you put on the bottom left side. Too cute, Laura!

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Thanks Laura :) She wanted something to do with fruits and I saw them and thought they were just cute. She loves it!! Yay!!