Saturday, July 24, 2010

Finds and Anniversary

Happy Sunday!!

On Friday I was able to go out and find a few treasures that I want to work on over the next few days.  I found a small toolbox, a few frames, some material, a large candle holder and a plate, and a spoon that I want to try something with :)  This should be fun!!

Look at the detail on this frame.  I just love it and I've got some ideas :)

And I just loved this one!  I'm going to leave it as is on the outside and the paper inside as I think it is very cute but the other things will be coming out and being changed so stay tuned :)


I also finished my son and daughter-in-laws 10 year anniversary present and will be able to give that to them tomorrow so that will be fun :)  The colors didn't show up very well in the picture but it really does all go together.  I took the picture outside and it is the way the sun is hitting it.

I have made all of my grandbabies a crocheted blanket before they were born and my youngest granddaughter was definitely the one that loved her blankey the most.  She has it so worn it is barely holding together.  It's like in 4 pieces so she asked me if I'd make her a new one and of course I said yes.  I asked her what color she wanted and silly me, "Purple Nana" lol.  That is her favorite color.  So I got busy and got it done for her.  She sleeps with her blankey every night and she just turned 4 in May.  She is really getting into the "girly" stage so I decided to put some yarn flowers on it also.  It makes my heart beam that my sweet little pride and joys love what I do for them.

Well that's it for today.  I've got some busy weeks ahead now so have lots to get done so better get going :)  Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!!  I know I did :)

xo ~ Laura

2 comments:

Granny said...

The frames are really nice. I like the little shadowbox too. The crocheted flowers put the perfect finishing touch on that little blanket.

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Granny ~ yes I loved the frames and shadow box. It was a fluke I found that one. lol It was hid under some other things :) I can't wait to give Sydney her blanket. I thought the flowers were the finishing touch too :) Hope you're having a great day!