Saturday, June 26, 2010

Window Redo!

Happy Saturday!!  I hope that all of you are having a fabulous weekend and enjoying time with your families and hunting for treasures and crafting away :)  I know I am!!

So yesterday I posted that I had found some fabulous finds when I was out.  Remember this window???



Well I used a brown over it and watered it down giving it an older feeling and then sanded the edges to give it a more worn look.  I know, the picture doesn't do it justice at all but anyway, here is what I did with it!  This is our wedding picture from 9/9/99, yes it is easy to remember and the funny thing is, my husband chose the date!!  Guess he didn't want to forget it either lol!!!  We had it in a frame but we didn't really have anywhere special to display it so I thought I know!!  Yup that's right!!  Take a look at this one!!  I love how it turned out!! 


I also made a few throw pillows with some material to throw in a little more color to our neutral leather couches.  Cute cute!!!



Oh ya, I almost forgot!!  Remember the rooster from yesterday's post??  Well the chalkboard needed a little redo but the rooster was perfect so here is what I did with him!!


This was the message I had on it last night for my hubby when he got home from work :)

Have a great day and enjoy!!

xo ~ Laura

3 comments:

bj said...

awwww...how sweet. I love your rooster chalk board...
I picked up something at a yard sale that I am making a chalk board out of...I'll post it soon..not as cute as your rooster, tho...:(
Hope your Sunday is blessed...
xo bj

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Oh BJ you are so funny. I can't wait to see your chalk board too and I'm sure it is just as cute as my little rooster :) xo ~ Laura

Unknown said...

Love the roosters - on the pillows and the chalkboard. So cute!