Monday, June 21, 2010

Mom's Molasses Cookies

Happy Tuesday!  So it was a busy morning as my daughter, Carissa had her procedure.  Things went very well and she is going to be just fine.  She is resting now and will be able to continue her regular activities tomorrow although she will have the day off work to just relax.  Finally after dealing with this issue for over 4 weeks, she will now be able to eat normally again and believe me, she's very excited about that!  She is a petite thing and has lost 8 lbs during this ordeal and needs to gain it back.  Today will be consisting of more of the soft foods to ease her system back to the real food but tomorrow she is good to eat normally.  So with that being said, Mom of course wanted to give her some extra lovin so I made up some homemade Molasses Cookies that is my own Mother's receipe.  The best I've ever tasted and believe me, I've tried quiet a few.  So I wanted to share the receipe with you.  Feel free to try them... you won't be disappointed :)



1 1/2 C. Shortening
2 Cups Sugar
1/2 C. Molasses
2 Eggs
4 C. Flour
4 t. Soda
1 t. Cloves
1 t. Ginger
2 t. Cinnamon
1 t. Salt

Melt shortening over low heat.  Remove from heat and let cool.

Add sugar, molasses, shortening and eggs and beat well.  Stir in flour, soda, spices and salt.  Mix well.

Refridgerate until cold.

Roll into 1" balls and roll in granulated sugar.  Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. 

Enjoy!!

Hugs!  ~ Laura

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look yummy and exactly like a biscuit in Australia called Gingernut. But I can see there are no nasty additives in your recipe so will definitely be trying it!
Happy new year too :)