Sunday, June 27, 2010

Master Bedroom Makeover - Part 1

Happy Sunday!!  So I have been wanting to do some things with our bedroom as it was pretty drab.  I started off hanging one of my vinyl signs and shelf redo and that started everything rolling.  I didn't want to repaint the walls and my husband didn't want me to either as he liked the green but it definitely needed a bit of an update.  Here it was before I started changing the fabrics.........



I do have plans to get rid of the ugly black lacquer and mirror headboard in the near future and have my eyes posted for something I have in mind but until I find it, have to work around it I guess.  If only money grew on trees!!!  lol  The chest at the end of the bed still hasn't been finished so that's another project in itself.  Need to get a new cushion cover now too.  This is where my pom's love to lay lol.  That is their territory I guess so have to make that pretty for them too.



I plan on making a new skirt for it, maybe do something with the curtains too, hmmmmm who knows.  You'll just have to wait and see I guess!!  So little by little it is coming together.  Still a lot of work to do but in time I will make it :)  I've got plans to update those darn lamps too!! 

Well have a great day!!

xo ~ Laura

3 comments:

Connie said...

Changing the bedding did wonders for your room. It brought some color and warmth to your room.

Granny said...

I love that red. It makes the room so inviting.

Thanks for stopping by my place and becoming a follower. I'm now following you also.

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Connie I totally agree :) I wanted to incorporate some of the red and saw this and loved it. Now I just have to finish it which will take a little while but a good project :)

Granny J, thanks I love it! Thanks for stopping by my blog and look forward to getting to know you more through blogland :)