Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Laundry Room and more

Happy Rednesday!!  So I had a little time to finish a project for my laundry room as I wanted to carry my red theme throughout the house and the laundry room is at the end of the house, right off the kitchen.  I will eventually be painting the walls, yes it's on my "To Do" list but for now am bringing in accents of the red.  It is amazing me how happy the pop of color red brings me :)  I laugh at my husband because when I tell him of a project I'm doing he say, "a little red?"  lol  Oh he knows me oh so well but he is loving the little touches that I'm doing and asks me when he gets home what have I done today.  It makes the house feel so much warmer!!

So here is a little plaque that I've done up, using my new Cricut of course :)  Sorry I forgot to take a before shot of the wood but I had gotten it on clearance for a $1 and nothing was on it so you'll get the picture.  After spray painting it red, I cut out my letters and then added a few embelishments and Ta Da!!!  So cute hanging above the door now :)



This way with my little red polka dot bikini clipped to my little clothes pins, I can change out the clothes as desired.  lol

So until I finish my next little project, hopefully today ~ Make it a great day!!  Happy crafting :)

Hugs ~ Laura

Well today's activities just kept coming as it is a very wet and drabby stormy day so what better thing to do but craft away right?  So here are a few other things that I whipped up today.  I'm still getting the hang of the vinyl lettering from my Cricut so it's not exactly perfect with lining up but still love it.  My youngest daughter's boyfriend is a real country boy so I figured I'd do this up for them :)

Before:


After:

So after finishing that, I had a little re-do I wanted to update from an old mop doll that was on one of my shelves in the livingroom so here she is.

Before:



After:























Very cute I'd say :)  Now this is my next re-do.  As you can see from many many years ago, I was in a blue mode but not anymore.  Here is what I'm going to do next.  Starting with the smaller one first as the bigger one I have is definitely going to take me longer.  lol


Well that's all for now.  I hope that you've enjoyed my adventure today here in the PNW.  Hugs!!  ~ Laura

10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!! :) I can see you have already been super busy with your Cricut - I would love to get an expression!! I love the Laundry room sign you did - and the addition of the bikini!! Sooooo cute!! :)

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Hi Elizabeth :) Yes I'm playing with my Cricut every day and seeing what all it can do. I need to get some other cartridges but am loving it!! I decided to do the expression for more versatility but a lot to learn. lol. Yes I thought the little bikini was cute and appropriate for Summer :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Unknown said...

I love red in the laundry. your sign is too cute for words. Love the others too and the mop doll is so much better in red...she looks cheery!!! Mica/The Child's Paper

Angela said...

You gave me some great ideas. Now when I find signs at yard sales, I know I can just pick it up and get a craft going....love what you did.

craftyles said...

The laundry room sign is so cute. I'd love to get a Cricut, I can see yours is being put to good use.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

I love my cricut too! They are awesome! I love what you did with it and your signs are very cute.

Unknown said...

The signs are great! Your To Do list sounds a lot like mine. Such a cute mop doll. I'm so glad I found your blog.

Anonymous said...

Way cute what you've done with your Cricut making signs. You've inspired me. I love the laundry sign - "drop your drawers" and the cowboy one, too. That would work for my DH 'cuz he's a cop. I might try something like this with my Cricut. Happy REDnesday~

CACHANILLA73 said...

Love the laundry sign and the doll makeover....

Sally Annie Magundy said...

You are so much fun! Thanks for the smiles!

Happy Rednesday,
Sally