Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Burlap Frame

Happy Tuesday!!  Well I got some burlap material on sale and have seen so many cute projects out there with it I decided to try it out.  I wanted kind of a ragged edge look so wasn't very precise on cutting which is what I was looking for so frayed the edges a little to get what I wanted.

I had found this wood frame at Walmart for $2.00 so and wanted to see how vinyl worked on it.  I have to tell you it was a little bit more of a challenge for me to get used to but think it turned out very well.

I had read on a post from Connie at the SHADY CREEK LANE on how to do flowers out of ribbon and material so I went out to YouTube as she suggested and gave it a shot!  I think it turned out very cute and even my husband thought that was pretty cool :)  The picture doesn't show the 3D affect very well but still.  Thanks Connie ~ you are such a talented lady and just love seeing what all you do!!

So here is the frame that I did with my more country look, along with my cute flower with a pearl inside.  This picture is very special to me as it was taken on our wedding day.  My hubby didn't have any children of his own and he took the entire package.  Yes, all 3 children and has been such a wonderful role model for them for 14 years now.  We incorporated them into our vows also which was so sweet, on top of all of my kids right next to me.  My son even walked me down the aisle.  Now that isn't something everyone gets to complete in their life and I couldn't have been more honored :)



Well that's it for me for now and have a fantastic day!!  Until next time....

xo ~ Laura

4 comments:

Kenzie said...

The frame is so cute, I love it! Thanks for stopping by yesterday!

The Autocrat: Haley said...

OOOO Like it alot! It is fabulous!

Unknown said...

I like!

Connie said...

OK, so now I recognize you. I don't always connect the dots with names and blogs. You do some pretty great things here.

I am so jealous of the windows you got for FREE!!!!! What are your plans? I can't wait to see what you do with them.